Monday, July 12, 2010

Someone named John Lewis

Last week, someone named John Lewis asked mami and other blogging mamas along for a lunch to talk about Christmas. There's that word again - Christ-mas...Chris-t-mas? I still can't remember where I've heard it, but I am hoping to figure it out soon. All I know is that toys keep being mentioned which makes me very very happy! I think John Lewis is a friend of mami and daddy, but I can't be sure.
Here's what I do know about someone named John Lewis:
  • Sells very beautiful furniture and good quality homeware
  • Has a team of friendly people who are always willing to help and treat you very nice
  • Has almost everything anyone could ever want in just one place!
  • TOYS!  Has a wide range of fun things to play with for us little ones!
  • Mami and daddy have always been very happy with anything they have bought from him
  • Mami and I spent a lot time over at his when I was little because the cafe is spacious
  • The baby changing rooms are the best mami has ever been in!
  • Daddy doesn't like to shop, but if he has to, he only goes to see John Lewis
  • He is very generous. Gave mami a Flip Mino HD Camcorder to record my dance moves and funny faces

When mami told daddy all about her day, he just smiled and said "Ah, don't you just love John Lewis at Christmas? I miss just being able to walk over". (Apparently we use to live near John Lewis and we would walk over for tea, afternoon lunch and sometimes buy things this person had on offer).

Mami said she arrived at One Mary-le-bone, (phewww, that's a tough one to pronounce!) which is an old church, and walked through different rooms that were filled with brightly coloured clothes, carefully knitted sweaters, pretty shoes, a big kitchen, beds with big puffy pillows, wallpaper with paint on them, and fluffy sofas.

But most importantly, she said there was an entire floor full of TOYS! Awwww, yessssss! They had scooters (my favourite!), a drum set, (my uncle has one and I want one too) and even an electric guitar! All I know is that it makes a loud noise, yah!!

I just can't believe I missed out such a fun day! I did over hear mami and daddy saying that they will be visiting John Lewis again. I sure hope they get me a scooter, or anything that makes lots and lots of noise! Those are my favourite kinds of toys - come to think of it, the toys I have that use to make noise don't work any more, hmmm?

Looking through the catalogue, mami said she wanted "one of everything" and daddy looked like he had a tummy ache when she said that.

She quickly told daddy "don't worry, I won't over do it. At least not until Christmas".

Mami just laughed loudly and re-arranged the new pillow John Lewis had given her on our corner sofa, and hung up the pretty printed towel.

Before leaving the room, she smiled and winked at me. Sneaky mami! I know that look, it means she will definatley be visiting John Lewis again!

3 comments:

  1. :D It was a fab day wasnt it?! I wish I had a John Lewis near by , when I first moved out of my parents I had one right next door - I lived off the deli/baked goods section!
    Look forward to seeing you again - maybe this time I wont be so overwhelmed and can have a proper conversation!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D It was a fab day wasnt it?! I wish I had a John Lewis near by , when I first moved out of my parents I had one right next door - I lived off the deli/baked goods section!
    Look forward to seeing you again - maybe this time I wont be so overwhelmed and can have a proper conversation!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little M, just you wait until you see Christmas and John Lewis. Mummy really is going to need that new little camera to record your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...