Sunday, October 3, 2010

Medieval Mayhem at Hamleys!

Instead of taking it easy on a rainy Sunday morming, we were all up early, dressed and ready to go by 9.30am.

Suspicious, very suspicious.

But I just went along and was happy to be out the door with mami and daddy.

We took a bus, then the tube. Soon we were near mami's office. But, instead of making a turn, we continued along the same street and stopped right outside two glass doors, up above was a big red flag with white letters, and inside the doors were hundreds and hundreds of toys!

We were at Hamleys toystore...yesssss! I had only ever walked by before, but this time we got to go in.


Meeting Hamley Bear

Last week, the nice people from Warwick Castle (Britian's Ultimate Castle) invited me and mami and daddy to come visit them on their special tour at Hamleys toy store in London. Can you believe it?! I had the entire store to myself!


There's the princess!

Official Knighting of Hamley Bear

It is all part of Hamleys 250th birthday celebrations. For the entire month of October, Warwick Castle will be taking over the store transforming it into a Medieval Mayhem. This is a new partnership between the two; and several creatures and characters from the castle will be visiting the store throughout the month. I should know, some of them were there today!

They best thing about their visit to the toy store is that they brought with them two HUGE birds! One bald eagle and a really fat owl. Mami and I got close but I could feel she was nervous standing so close.


Look at that bird! Mami and I were both scared!

After seeing the birds and keeping away from the man in the shiny suit, we walked around to see all the toys.


The shiny guy


I had Hamleys all to myself!

If you are looking for a fun day out with your families, the castle will transform into a Haunted Castle from 16th - 31st of October. That's Halloween you know!

But if you don't want to be scared, you can visit the castle from the 11th - 24th of December. The courtyard will be decorated and transformed into a Winter Wonderland. I hear an old man named Santa who brings toys might be there too.

I hope mami takes daddy and I! She promised to make a trip very soon!

Don't miss the latest offers and updates from Warwick Castle!

Follow them on twitter, or why not tweet: "@verybusymama and I are following @warwickcastle for latest offers & updates and so should you!"

bye bye,

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fab time! Did Little M love it? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little M is the cutest! How adorable does he look in that little crown. Looks like you had a fab time! Were you the only ones there?

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let us know if you ever go to Warwick castle as its just down the road from us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little M loved it, but his dadddy love it more! hahaha..
    Emma - will let you know when we go..would be nice to meet up and let the boys meet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks like you had the place all to yourself. It is times like this that I miss living in Berkshire, but only for a little while!

    The boys love Warwick Castle, we must take them again

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...