Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mami's turkey trot!

Not much to say about Thanksgiving. I've personally never experienced it, but I have heard mami and papi talk about it.

It involves eating lots of food including a turkey, some mashed potatoes, different types of pies, cranberries and the list goes on and on.
Come to think of it, those are some pretty interesting combinations of food! (we really should have Thanksgiving, I will have a word with papi to see if he can make something this weekend).


But the real reason I'm here is because, today, on turkey day, mami went for a run!

I called it "mami's turkey trot" in honour of the Thanksgiving 5K runs she use to do when she still lived in the US.

In fact, today is mami's 7 year running anniversary! On this very day for Thanksgiving 2003 mami did a 5K run for the first time ever. She says she "nearly fainted" but she did it!
So you can see why today was the perfect day to get back to it.

It may be cold outside, but she says it is "perfect running weather."


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 7th running year! But did you have the turkey afterwards? Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No turkey yesterday, we are doing a thanksgiving dinner tonight, but on a much smaller scale, and chicken instead of turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you out there again after your injury. Just remember to take it steady and build up to your next challenge. But I bet it felt great to be running again. I love your very stylish photos too. All the best for your training.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...