Saturday, December 18, 2010

Decorating our Christmas tree!

Been hearing about Christmas for months! I know the big day is approaching but I'm not sure how many more days to go.

I can't wait to see what this is all about. I can't really remember last year, but I do remember lights. And snow. And this year looks the same.

Yesterday we put up our árbol de Navidad or Christmas tree. I helped papi undo the long string of lights and then put it on the tree.

I passed mami the shiny balls to put up and watched as the tree started to look very pretty. I had never really seen these kinds of balls before.

I wanted to play with them, so I just yanked one off. Mami and papi jumped when I pulled it.

I was a little scared too, because the tree almost fell on top of me! Close call!

Mami said not to touch. I reached out and felt the prickly leaves on my fingers, but didn't pull anything off.


We turned down the lights, listened to Christmas songs and enjoyed our shiny tree!

Today is mami's birthday, so papi and I wrapped some gifts and then  it was off to bed for me.

Hope everyone is having a good time decorating for Christmas.

And remember, look but don't touch!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday lovely Mami! Thanks so much for linkying at Cafe Bebe and I hope you, Mattias and Papi have had a lovely day. Sounds like yesterday was a perfect way to start celebrating a birthday.

    See you next year! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karin! Its been a really great day - the boys did well :)

    See you in 2011! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feliz cumpleaños, Mami! Sorry I'm late. I'm always late with birthdays...I'm Italian. Love the Xmas tree, cariño! My daughter set up the tree on her own this year and she was fab. Ciao! A.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...