Sunday, June 5, 2011

Will someone please wake up!

I was watching Humf early yesterday when I realised his morning routine if very similar to mine.

He had woken up very early and had gone to his mami and papi's room just like I do every morning and his mami and papi were sound asleep. I couldn't believe it, it was just like me!

See I am usually up very early, "way too early" mami says.

I can't help it if the sun is shining through the curtains in my room. And once I'm up, I'm ready to get the day started. So I go and see if mami and papi are up yet, and 10 times out of 10 they are not.

I do try to let them know I am up by climbing into bed with them but  mami says the same thing every morning

"Little M, es muy temprano. Cierre los ojos y haga tuto/It's very early. Close your eyes and go to sleep". 

Drastic times call for drastic measures
But I can't. I try to close my eyes but I'm just not tired. I have been sleeping all night and now I just want to play. So then I turn to papi  and his eyes are closed too, so the next best thing is to open them for him.

I slowly lift the top of his eye open, then I say, "Papi, levantate/wake up"

Then he opens his eyes, rubs them to look at me and says "No Little M, papi is sleeping. Go to sleep too". 

And so I am stuck in between two sleeping parents who don't want to get up and play with me. 

Humf usually goes back to his room to get some toys and so do I. I tend to come back with my favourite puzzle, or book or I just dump my mega blocks on papi's chest.

But mami just grumbles "No Little M, ahora no. Estoy muy cansada/ Not now, I am tired".

Then I try again with papi and this time using a different tactic.

 "Leche, leche/ Milk, milk" and that always works. He can't deny me my leche! He slowly rolls over and gets out of bed and I follow him into the kitchen.

Now that I have him up, I ask him to turn on the TV. But just as I turn to see if he's sitting on the sofa, he is back in bed.

Sneaky papi. I run back to the room and stand at the door and call both of them "Mami..papi! Mami...papi"

I see mami still with her eyes closed say "Can you get up with him?" but papi just pretends to be asleep, rolls over and pulls up the covers.

Mami then mumbles something something back like "I know you can hear me" but grabs her pillow, and walking very, very slowly comes into the living room and lays on the sofa while I play and watch my cartoons.

And if they still don't get up, I do restort to drastic measures and and take off my pijamas and nappy and throw it on their bed. Talk about jumping out of bed, works every time!

You should see mami in the mornings, she looks so funny! Her fringe is sticking straight up and her eyes look really small.

If they are so tired in the mornings maybe they should consider going to bed at the same time I do. After all, I am always well rested in the mornings!

How about you? Do you get up with our kids? What is your morning routine?






3 comments:

  1. what a delightful post. We have given up on the idea of sleep beyond 7am.... look forward to seeing you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us too, but we try to sneak in a bit of extra time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how different your children can be.Our 2yo we have always had to wake up as our day starts at 6:45.Our 4yo on the other hand,is always up between 5:30 & 6 without fail.We bought him a thomas clock and he's now gotten better at staying in bed (and fairly quiet) until 6:45 (when the big hand gets to James).However, we still have our days!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...