Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Love London: Hampstead Heath

As you may have heard,  we are packing up, getting on a big plane and moving across the ocean. 

In the lead up to our move to Washington DC, we have been visiting some of our favourite places around London and this week we went to Hampstead Heath.

It is a HUGE park (790 acres) with lots and lots of trails, trees and as mami says it is "just beautiful". It has a pond that you can swim in during the summer and lots of movies are filmed here too.

Do not remove (c) Mummy's Busy World
We went to Hampstead by train and had lunch at a nearby pub and I could see mami looking around at everything and trying to remember every detail. I think she really is looking at everything like it's the last time. 

As soon as we reached the entrance to the park I took off running into the leaves. 

Papi said "don't go too far" but I didn't listen. I looked back at papi, laughed and kept running. 

But then I tripped over a rock and as I hit the ground I felt something squishy between my hands. I got up and looked to see something green and smelly on my hands. I ran to papi and he looked at mami and said "he fell into dog caca". 

I don't think I need to explain mami's reaction. Let's just say, it wasn't pretty. But she cleaned me up and off we went! 

Anyway, after all that, we had a very peaceful and fun walk. Some of the leaves where on the ground, there were lots of bugs and insects everywhere! 

If you have never been there you should go. Add it to your London "to do" list. And in just a few weeks it will be even more pretty because all of the leaves will be on the ground.

We will miss all of the parks here in London - so enjoy them for us!

Hampstead Heath is located on the Northern Line or via the overground. 

What is your favourite London park?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...