Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sainsbury's Super Saturday and London Paralympic Games

Sainsbury's (that's the supermarket where we buy our food!) decided to throw a BIG party on Clapham Common in London this past weekend called Super Saturday and we were invited.

What was the party for? It was family friendly event to celebrate one year to go until the Paralympic Games come to London in 2012 and to get everyone excited about it. And let me just say, it really was SUPER and one of a kind!

Now I admit, I gave mami and papi a hard time. I don't know, I just wasn't feeling like my usual self.

I didn't want to walk, I didn't want to sit in the buggy, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to play football or do crafts. I just wanted to be left alone and run away. And so I did. I ran clear across the Common and papi had to take off after me.


From there on I could see mami getting a bit worried but she really really did not want to leave. Sainsbury's had given us VIP tickets and there was free food and drinks all day.

And not just that, but mami wanted to stay to see The Saturdays, The Wanted, Olly Murs, Sugababes, Chipmunk and Taio Cruz sing on the big stage. Usually I am all about dancing and partying, but not that day.

So papi and I left. He told mami, "you stay, have a good time with your friends and enjoy the music". And guess what?! SHE STAYED!

The day was full of inspirational stories from athletes and they even played a game of basketball in wheelchairs. I had never seen that before, but I hear the UK has a great team!

Mami got to hang out with Sandy from Baby Baby, Uju from Babes About Town and saw Liz from Me and My Shadow, Sabine from Mummy Matters and another Maria from Mixed Up Mummy.

But at the end of the day everyone was there to celebrate the Paraylmpic Games. You can see all the events here and read about all of the athletes. We didn't know much about it, but we sure do now!

And yes, mami got home late but SUPER happy. She said she danced so much her feet hurt. Ouch!

Oh and because I didn't want to craft, mami made me a special medal - just like the kind the athletes get!



2 comments:

  1. I hope your feet have recovered! Fab day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mami is a crafty lady, she made herself a fine medal indeed. And she sure knows how to party. Was lovely to see you Little M, even for a short while x

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...