Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cox Farms Fall Festival

I'm sure everyone who lives in Washington DC and Northern Virginia knows about Cox Farms in Centreville, but not being from around here we had no idea. They are the largest family farm in the area!

Mami had never been to anything like this or even to a pumpkin patch, so she was just as excited as me when my tío told us about it (that means uncle in case you didn't know).

The Fall (or Autumn to others) Festival runs until Halloween on the 31st but afterwards they have other activities like Pumpkin Madness which is on the 5-6th of November. 

The festival costs $15 per person on the weekends and $8 on the weekends. Mami flinched when paying, but later we realised it was worth every penny because everything is free (well, you pay for your own food but you can bring a picnic if you want) but everything else like the HAY RIDE is included.

And let me tell you, they have EVERYTHING! I even helped eat a big bag of kettle corn...mmmmm!

There are lots of animals, like piggies, chickens, goats, sheep, horses, live shows and entertainment, long slides, playgrounds, and stacks of hay to climb on. There is so much to do that we didn't get to do it all. Imagine that. ME not getting around to everything.

But the fun doesn't end when you have to go. As you leave you get to choose a baby pumpkin. I am very lucky because I ended up getting more than one because my tío, mami, papi and my Omama gave me theirs.

So if you are in the area, you should go check it out! This is the last weekend for it...and let me know what you think. What about in the UK? Are there any "must visit" pumpkin patches?

As for me, I'm waiting for papi to come back from buying a big pumpkin so we can carve it. Don't forget, it's Halloween next week, and that means CANDY!!

Do you know what you are going to be? I'm SCOOBY DOO!

Facebook: Cox Farms
Twitter: @CoxFarmsTweets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...