Monday, April 19, 2010

Uh oh! I cracked a tooth

I'm not even 18 months yet and I've already "broken something".

Two weeks ago, I fell and cracked one of my front teeth playing at the Westfields play area. Truth be told, mami has never liked that play area because she says it is "way too small for such a large place".

I was having a great time, but there were big kids running around and they made me lose my balance. Next thing I know, I am face down on the slide I was trying to climb and I felt a sharp pain on my mouth! I screamed out for mami and she scooped me up and hugged me, but I kept crying out because it hurt sooooo much.

After the initial pain, I had a strange taste in my mouth. Mami knelt down next to me to look at my mouth - that funny taste, was blood. I cut my lip on my tooth. But then, mami's face changed and she covered her mouth. I looked up and saw that she was sad - she was crying! Did she get hurt too? Turns out, I had chipped one of my teeth!

Two days later, mami and daddy where talking about going to the "dentist". That day mami to took me to see a doctor and he looked at my teeth. I sat very still because I wasn't so sure of what was going on. Mami asked if "I'd be alright" and "if it can be fixed"? I wanted to tell her that "I still have my tooth!" "I can still eat!" but she didn't really understand me.

The doctor, turned out to be this dentist I had heard of, said nothing can be done and that I shouldn't be in pain - I had tried telling her before, but I suppose we are still working on communicating better. In any event, mami looked up more information on cracked baby teeth and I thought you might want to read on it too. I don't think we will be going to that play area any more. Oh well, I like the park better!

P.S. speaking of teeth, I have started brushing mine on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...