Monday, May 3, 2010

Salsa Sunday!

It was rainy all day Sunday and while daddy was busy in the kitchen cooking a delicious dinner, mami decided it was the perfect day for crafts, drawing and my personal favourite, dancing!

We coloured and danced while we listened to the mix CD mami made for me with songs about lions, zebras and hippos in South Africa, Latin music for spinning around, and of course, songs from GLEE! I am so happy music is one thing we fully agree on. Frankly, if I hear Ba-Ba Black Sheep or Wheels on the Bus one more time, I’m going to poop my pants!

So funny to watch her dance!

She then picked me up to try out her salsa moves (not impressed) and I showed both of them my new “bootie shake” while wiggling my bottom to Imvubu the happiest hippo. It was funny to see mami enjoying herself, despite clearly needing work on her dance moves. If you don't believe me, the proof is in the picture!

Showing mami how to draw with crayons

However, I was impressed with her drawing skills - not bad for never having used crayons! Tired of dabbling and dancing, I voluntarily went to bed. I figured I might as well give mami and daddy a break by taking a very long nap. After all, they did a great job playing with me!


Mami's first crayon drawing!

When I woke up an hour and a half later daddy was ready with dinner and boy was I surprised! I am so tired of eating mami's chicken and spinach mix that daddy's yummy beef wellington was a welcome change (he's a foodie too!)

Daddy's yummy beef wellington

Mami's plans did not turn out as she expected (she never got around to doing her crafts - she may have to try the paper flowers RedTedArt suggested next week). Truth is, I get bored easily, but she never gave up. Bless her. As much as she drives me crazy sometimes I can’t help but love her. She always manages to get a smile out of me no matter how hard I try to resist.

Today she really won me over with her funny drawings and her funky dance moves. What more could I ask for?

It was a perfect Sunday.

My Music Mix
Las Avispas - Babies Go: Juan Luis Guerra
Don't Stop Believin' - Glee: Volume 1 (mami and I are Gleeks!)
Lady Gaga & Beyonce - Telephone
Lucas the laziest Lion - Beautiful Creatures (our new favourite CD!)
Bust Your Windows - Glee: Volume 1
La tortura - Shakira & Alejandro Sanz
Proud Mary - Glee: Volume 2
Imvubu the happiest hippo - Beautiful Creatures
1, 2, 3 ¿Que hora es? - 1, 2, 3, Salsa: Songs for Learning Spanish
Open your Heart - Glee: The Power of Madonna


Want more Latin tunes? Just ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...