Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mami rocks

Abuelita/grandma is gone bye bye. She left on an aeroplane.

I miss being with her. She reminded me a lot of mami. Sometimes she kind of looked like mami too. Even her laugh was the same. I liked feeling that mami was close by even it wasn't really her.

I can tell mami is extra tired again because she has to wake up early instead of sleeping in. Abuelita would take care of me, and mami is having a very hard time getting back into our routine. Bless her, she does try!

Yesterday, after "resting" all day we went for an afternoon in the park to get back to our old selves.

But I didn't recognise the way.
We went on a new path.

The ground was different.

 I kept looking at it. I had never seen this before. They were all over the place!

What where these little pieces everywhere?


I took a step and my feet made a funny sound. I took another step and felt a something inside my shoe. I stopped to bend over and touch them. I rolled them in my hands and they made a cracking sound. 

Can I eat these?


"What is it?" I wanted to know. It wasn't like anything I had ever touched before. They didn't feel or look like the sand from the sandbox, they were not soft like the grass, they were not sticks.

So what could these be?

I held some out for mami, and said "eh".

She smiled at me and said, "thank you for the rocks mi amor"


"Rocks"

"R-r-r-r-rocks" that's what these are. Rocks"

I piled as many as I could into mami's hands and hid some in the buggy to play with later. It was the best afternoon!

Just mami, me and lots of rocks.




4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much fun rocks can be Little M! I hope your Mummy gets used to the routine again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you are so cute little man! Mummy will soon smile again I am sure having you makes her happy! Looking forward to meeting you in september :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocks are great! Tilly had fun chewing on some at the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...