Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Great Escape

Today I gave mami a VERY BIG SURPRISE.

When she opened her eyes she wasn’t expecting to see me at her bedside. Ha ha ha ha!

You should have seen the look of complete shock when she realised I had climbed out of my crib and walked into her room.

“Yeah, that’s right mami. I know how to get out now!”
See, I’m tired of having to wait for mami to come get me when I wake up. I know she can hear me crying, so why does she take so long?

After my morning nap I, just wanted to get out and play. I cried out for mami, and no response. I cried harder and nothing. I waited and waited and still no mami.

“She’s taking a nap too” I said to myself. And boy was I right.

I thought, “I may be in here a while” and took it upon myself to make my escape.

I am a great climber, I can get up and down the sofas, chairs, my buggy and mami and daddy’s bed. My crib isn’t that much higher. So I began to climb.

It wasn’t easy, but I didn’t give up! I ended up very sweaty. First I stepped up on the side of the crib. Easy. I just dug my feet on the netting and was able to creep up. Once I got to the top, I swung one leg over onto the side table then the other and slid down to the floor. Even easier.

Getting out of the room was trickier, but I played with the door handle and managed to get it open. Score! I ran to mami’s room and just as I had thought – there she was SLEEPING!

I ran in, stood next to her bed and said “HEY”. She slowly opened her eyes and said “Little M, ¿qué haces aquí?/What are you doing here? How? ¿Cómo?”

She sat up and said “You got out!”

I just clapped my hands, offered her my dummy and ran into the front room. "Get up mami, time to play!"

That will teach her. She's not the only one who can be sneaky!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Little M, that must have been very exciting for you but I bet your mummy was very shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor Mami! My little man is 2yrs and 3 months and shows no inclination to climb out and I'm thrilled as I can let him play in his cot in the mornings, I alway leave him nice toys little M.

    I gave my daughter a bed at 22 months and spent the next year being dragged out of bed to play at 5am, LM can stay in his cot as long as he will!

    Perhaps a bigger cot???

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now is the time for Little M to learn that Mummy locks the front door... no escaping out there like my Baby Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very clever Little M! I expect your Mami was shocked to see you out of it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...