Monday, July 5, 2010

Out of this world - CyberMummy 2010


The day finally arrived! This past Saturday, mami woke up extra early to meet all of MY blogging friends at CyberMummy at the Ibis Hotel in Earls Court!

I followed mami’s tweets throughout the day on daddy’s laptop and saw that minute after minute she was meeting more and more great mamas! I sure wish I could have been there, especially since I’m the blogger!
I was most excited about mami reading my blog post at the end of the day. The night before I heard her tell daddy “I’m really nervous”.

Daddy just told her to read slow and I shouted out “don’t forget to tell everyone hi on my behalf and thank them for reading!”

Before I knew it, the day flew by and mami was back at home with a HUGE black bag. Mami came in absolutely glowing and talking very very fast – her cheeks were red and she was smiling really big!

“You should have seen all the mamas there!" she shouted out. "It was amazing!"

She picked me up and said,

“Little M, everyone sends their love to you! The reading went very well and even though I was nervous I made sure to let everyone know you are the blogger!”

I wanted to know if she had been able to talk to everyone, she brushed my hair back and said,

“Sorry mi amor, there was so much to do and see that I wasn’t able to meet everyone”.

I think daddy was slowly losing interest in what she was saying and changing the subject asked,

“so what’s in the bag” and mami jumped up and said:

“Oh! You won’t believe this” and she unzipped the black bag.

Daddy and I just stood there watching as mami pulled out packet after packet of Asda wipes, nappy creams, some sort of cotton pads, Tommee Tippee bottles, Plum snacks, a frisbee, baby spoons (hey! I don’t need those!) more creams, and even pasta ! Daddy couldn’t believe it!

I couldn’t stop clapping with excitement and threw everything all over the living room!

I don't know what you mamas did to my mami, but she went to sleep before me!

I waved bye bye from daddy’s arms and we closed the door and let her rest. Ah bless her, it was hard work networking and having fun all day.

I want to say GRACIAS to Susanna, Sian and AlphaMummy herself Jennifer for a great event. Maybe next year I will be able to come too?

Thank you to everyone for meeting my mami and for following my blog. I hope to meet some of you some day! I started the blog for mami and I promise to keep writing about our busy lives.

Bye bye! Little M

6 comments:

  1. So cool!! I'm so glad you were able to meet some of your readers!!!.. and so jelous of your tommee tippee stuff, because I Love those products, actually, my baby's bottles are from them and his trainning cup too but I can only find them on Babies R us here.. Kisses to Little M. and to you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo there, not sure I managed to meet you on Saturday - if you got one of my home made flapjacks then yes you did, if not then I'm sorry!!

    Hope you had a lovely day and little one didn't miss you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to meet your mummy, she's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Hola amigito! Me encanta su madre, ella es muy encantadora. Muchos gracias por dejarla venir a CyberMummy :)

    Maria - it was lovely to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud Mommy - she had a great time!

    Sarah, maison cupcake - I don't think mami got to meet you, but its okay because then there is more excitement for next time!

    A Modern Mother - she was most impressed with all your work for the event!

    Vonnie - HOLA! gracias por tu lindo mensaje. A ella tambien le gusto mucho conocerte. Hablas muy bien! :) un beso

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fantastic to meet you - so nice to put a face to a name! Did you find everyone you wanted to meet/speak too? Now I'm home and looking through lists/blogs of who went , I've realised I missed out on meeting lots of people!!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...