Friday, September 24, 2010

Six Month Blogaversary!

Guess what? It's my BLOGAVERSARY! Yes! I have been blogging for 6 months! Hard to believe its been that long. And let me tell you, its been lots of fun!

It started back in April, mami kept talking about wanting to start a blog, but was too busy to actually do it. I had seen her and daddy on the computer and I was really good on her Blackberry. So, I did it. I started a blog for my very busy mami.

And here I am today. Mami tweets and I blog. We make a very good team. Blogging about our lives has brought us closer together. She understands me more and I can see she tries really hard to be a good mami.

Even when we went through a rough time, we now hug and kiss and cuddle more. I didn't like all the lovey dovey stuff, but it's kind of nice now. We sing together and even if we are not doing anything special, we always manage to have a good laugh.

We make a good team, mami and me

But before I boast about being a blogger, none of it would have been possible without the help of some fantastic mamas who guided us along way. As you know, blogging is hard work - you have to let others know you are out there, read other blogs, have others link to your site, and do guest posts to name a few.

Here are some mamas that we hold very dear to our hearts - mami and I are very grateful to them, and I like to say a special GRACIAS to them (that is thank you in Spanish, FYI)

Mummy's Little Monkey
If it wasn't for this blog, I wouldn't be here today. This was the first ever "mummy blog" that mami read. She really liked what Jacqui was writing about and realised just how funny writing about motherhood could be and that really got her thinking "I could do this too".

Even though I ended up taking over this side of the business, we are very happy to have come across Jacqui's blog and to have met her too! Now she is a proud mama to baby Natalia and my buddy Lucia.

Nordia in London
So after deciding to take on blogging - mami recruited the help of her good friend and colleague Elisabeth to get her back into the social media scene. Mami hadn't really been on Twitter when she was on maternity leave and needed a crash course in Twitter 101 and Blogger.

Auntie Lis got mami all caught up in 2010 and really supported mami in all our techie needs. We love Auntie Lis very much and now mami encouraged her to start her own blog too!

RedTedArt
I can't really remember how we came across Maggy's blog but we loved it right away! All those fun crafts and creative projects. Mami has tried a few, but hasn't always had much luck! Maggy was really nice and let me do a guest post on my favourite Spanish books and was the first link we had to our site. Danke Maggy!

MeTheManAndBaby
Emma was one of the first mum bloggers she followed on Twitter and was even more surprised when she followed back! She was so helpful and gave us so many tips about making our blog better and linking to us. Emma is a twitter celebrity - she knows everyone and is so nice! Mami was very happy to have met her at CyberMummy. Thanks Emma!

MellowMummy
Another blog that mami was instantly drawn to. She was impressed with Emma's (JumblyMummy) insightful reviews and her "mellow" take on parenting. Emma was terrific in getting my little blog off the ground. She answered all of our questions and thanks to her, mami signed up for CyberMummy.

There are many more, and belive me, mami and I know how lucky she we to have made so many blog friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here's to bloggy friends!

Lots of love

6 comments:

  1. Aww this is so sweet! I just came across your blog & think it's great! Happy 6 month blogaversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't think I've ever been a 'muse' before, but I'm very pleased to have played a teeny part in getting such a fab blog up on the blogosphere! Good luck for the next 6 months. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of you to mention me in your blogaversary post, even though I'm not a mummy blogger :)

    It seems like just yesterday I was talking to your mami about Twitter and the world of blogging. Guess you eavesdropped more than we thought ;)

    Happy continued blogging!

    Auntie Lis xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY MY DEAR!

    Here's to many more *clink glass*

    One of the best bloggers about ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy 6 month Blogaversary!! Keep blogging - I love it x

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...