Sunday, October 17, 2010

Give me my dummy!

Something is definitely going on. I have a sneaky suspicion that mami and papi are trying to get rid of my tetes or dummy's.

When I cry out for my tete, mami will look at papi and say "we can't let him have it during the day" Papi will look at me with sad eyes and say "you can't have it right now"

But I just demand my tete...wahhhhhhhh! Tete, tete, tete! And eventually mami says "okay, just give it to him, but he really should only have it for sleeping".

In goes the tete and I'm happy as can be. As for them, mami gives daddy a mean look and he says, "don't blame me, you told me to".

"Okay, but tomorrow no tete, only for sleeping"

Suuuuuuure I think. It's what she always says.

That's it. The last one. I refuse to let it go.

But this week I noticed that my usual assortment of tetes were no where to be found. I checked by my bed, and nothing. I checked in the bathroom, NADA. I checked in my back pack, and it was empty. I even ran into the kitchen and there was nothing on the counter.

Uh oh. I think she really means business this time. I cried and cried for my tete, but mami came over to me and said "No Little M, el tete es solo para dormir/the dummy is only for sleeping"

Eventually, she found a tete. I knew she had one! It was close enough to bedtime that she let me have it. But I'm not too happy about my stash being reduced. I have been on the same tete for a week now and I think this may be the last of them.

Can't believe she doesn't want me to have it! I love my tete - I really hope she doesn't take it away for good. I will fight for it until the end and I won't make it easy.

Just you wait mami. Just you wait.


9 comments:

  1. Now is the time to do this. Mini still has his at bedtime, we told him the dummy fairy will come at christmas and he just told me he will use his money and go and buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I know I have to be strong, but he is just so insistent..but I will persist. I got rid of all the other ones..that's a step in the right direction. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macca waited until I went to the US on a week-long business trip and made Bug go cold turkey. Apparently she never asked for it again after the first night when it became clear he wasn't giving it back. If it was me she'd still have it (she's 10!). Ironic thing was we did it because she wasn't talking, and she hasn't stopped since ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum had the perfect solution for this. It sounds ridiculous but worked for me and my sis. Every year we went to see Santa in a Santa's Grotto, and one year my mum told us that it was time to give our dummies to santa, so that he'd realise we were still being good and would reward us with presents! In hindsight I remember the bewildered look on Santa's face as he looked at the dummy in his hand and then at my mum for help, but sure enough neither my sis or I thought about our dummies again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blondie Boy has his pipka to go to sleep and he has had it a lot lately because he is teething and he likes to chew on it and as it is all silicone it's okay to chew on, too.

    I refuse to call it a dummy. Pacifier maybe, but in our house it's a pipka.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noone likes dummies or thumbs but they make our children happy and if we get it right they wont have them forever. Its all the timing to remove them - except you cant remove thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm starting early. Noelie is not allowed to have it during the day. She only takes it at night or nap time and it stays in her cot. It's difficult, Marie loved hers and she was nearly 3 by the time we managed to get rid of it. It's tough but it has to be done. My cousin was still sucking her thumb at the age of 18!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is tough isn't it? You are doing the right thing! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, we were really lucky as our youngest loved her dummy but when she was unwell with a cold she kept spitting it out because she couldn't breathe with it in - so we simply took it away from that point on - wasn't too bad - however she now refuses to go to sleep without her little taggie blanket!! Could you try a change of comforter???

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...