Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mami made muffins!

Mami made muffins!

So what? you say. Well believe me, this is major! Mami does not cook and much less bake. Don't get me wrong, she can do it, but doesn't like it and papi is in charge of the cooking in our house.

So when mami woke up after her nap (papi and I gave her the afternoon off) she said "I'm going to try making some muffins"

"What?" said papi surprised. "You don't have to, I can make them for you"

"No, no. I'll try it. I can bake you know"

And she did!



Not bad, not bad at all!

She choose to make Carrot Cake Muffins from the Weight Watchers Hearty Home cook book that she received when she attended the launch of the new Weight Watchers ProPoints system a few weeks ago.


Carrot Cake Muffin recipe

Mami doesn't really like to cook or bake because she says she "will eat it all".

Papi kept trying to tell her what to do from the living room, but she would just say "I know what I'm doing. I don't tell you how to cook".

And we had no choice but to let her be.

Mmmmm!

Papi and I coloured and listened to music. Pretty soon it started to smell really really yummy!

We went out for a quick walk and when we got back, the muffins where out of the oven, mami was smiling and they were ready for us to eat!

Papi and I gave her an A+ for her baking. And they tasted goooooood!

Muffins approved!

She said she was going to try her Oma's German Christmas cookies next week and I get to share the recipe with you, so stay tuned!

Have a good week everyone, feels like winter is really here!

5 comments:

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...