Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Going cold turkey

Mami and papi have tried several times to take my tete or dummy away. But I aways manage to get it back or I find another one under the sofa.

Last time, they promised it was the "last one" but then another one turned up.

I think mami lost my tete yesterday.  I still can't say for sure if she did it on purpose or not, but I think not.

Papi had a little look of panic on his face when he realised it was missing and mami just said "Sorry. I must have dropped it"

Bed time was not so bad I suppose. I had my milk and I was really tired from playing at nursery all day so I just dropped off to sleep.

Mami and papi thought they had gotten away scott free, but then, I woke up very late at night wanting my tete!

And I wasn't subtle about it. Oh no! I screamed, and cried, and kicked and tried to bite my blanket, and even tried to bite mami. I threw myself on the floor and bit at the carpet.

I was desperate for my tete and mami didn't know what to do. I walked mami to the kitchen in the dark and said "tete" but she still didn't give it to me.

That's when I realised, she really must have lost it. She tried singing, dancing, watching TV, massaging my back, but nothing worked, I just wanted my tete!

I think papi got upset and said "how could you have lost it?"

Uh oh! Even in the dark I could tell that was not the thing to say to mami.

Eventually I got too tired to keep crying and I snuggled up to mami in her bed. But don't think its over though, I still want my tete, but I just had to get some sleep.

So here's a little note to mami and papi:

I don't know what game you are tyring to play, but I don't want to play anymore. Its not fun.

If you want to sleep tonight, there will be a tete somewhere in the house. Otherwise I will ask Santa for some.

I love you very much but I WANT MY TETE!

Gracias,


1 comment:

  1. Oh no poor little M - it must be very upsetting, you'll be ok without it though, you will be very sad but it will get better. I had one when I was little and I was very upset when my Mummy lost it but it's not that bad honest!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...