Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mami's big run!

That's right. Mami is going to be doing a very long run in April, or the Virgin London Marathon as you might know it as.

I can't fully explain the excitement that this has caused here at our home, but it is all thanks to Nestle Pure Life sponsoring her to run and working with Full Potential to make sure she makes it in one piece.

Papi is jealous because he wants to run it and mami is busy getting into "marathon mode" as she calls it.

"I need to sleep well, eat well, get running and strengthen my knees" she says to herself and makes another "to do" list (she has lots of those!)

She has been taking care of her ankle since spraining it last year running the Adidas 5K Challenge, and is ready to get back to it.

"Remember when I did my first marathon?" She said to papi.

"We weren't even married yet! And you were my coach"

Papi smiled and says "You did so well, I was very proud of you"

See mami did the Marine Corps Marathon (that's 26.2 miles by the way) many years ago in 2004 just one week before she and papi got married.

She said her legs and feet still ached when she walked down the aisle.
Papi was already a runner when they met and he got her into it too. So when she decided to do the marathon, papi would run with her, encourage her and even cycle next to her on those long runs carrying extra water!

Now I carry her water when we go running with my buggy and I even cross train with her at home. Check us out doing weights and bicycle crunches!

This Saturday she has her first training session with Full Potential and nutritionist Anita Bean along with Mirka from All Baby Advice and Emma from Me the Man and Baby who are also running it.

As always, it is my duty to tell you all about mami's busy world, so until the big day I'll bring you her running report and progress.

So far so good, she did 60 minutes on Sunday and today we are off for 30 minutes.

Got to get her to the finish line!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, I am really looking forward to hearing about Mami's build up

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Jen! Very excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's really inspirational. Hope all your training goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cass, Roxie, Anna - thanks for stopping by and for wishing me luck. I'm going to need it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Maria on taking up this challenge. It requires so much commitment and one I do not have at the moment so good for you. Good luck with the training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very excited about seeing you again on Saturday ;))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you have such a busy ans porty mami! I'm sure she'll do well but please keep us posted. Ciao. A. PS And well done to you for supporting her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! :D I'm so pleased you're doing it!! Cant wait to see you tomorrow and catch up!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...