Friday, January 28, 2011

There's a mouse in our house!

I don't know what all the screaming and shouting was about.

We came home from nursery yesterday, mami turned on the lights and I ran into the living room like I do everyday.

Mami was talking to papi on the phone when suddenly she just started screaming "Ahhhhhhh, oh no, Little M, ven aqui, come here! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek! There is a mouse! Little M ven, ven" and she jumped on the sofa.

I had no idea what the fuss was about.

I thought "what is she yelling about now? I haven't done anything" and I just stood there staring at her. She looked different, almost crazy. I didn't want to move, I was happy were I was.

She kept saying there was a mouse. A mouse? I don't think I've ever seen one of those. She yelled at papi on the phone to "come home now. I'm leaving the house and not coming back until its gone!"

And so we put our jackets back on and hurried out the door. Mami was super jumpy and nervous and when a branch brushed her leg outside she squealed out loud! Geez, not again!

What was going on? This mouse business really scares mami.

We headed to our local Starbucks but had to leave because they were closing.

So we went to a better place....McDonald's! I had never been there before, but mami ordered a chicken sandwich for her and I had my very own FRIES! They were so delicious!


Thanks to that mouse, I got to have McDonald's!

I still haven't seen this mouse and I know it scares mami a lot, but if it means going to McDonald's again, then I don't have a problem with them!

But don't tell mami that.



P.S. this morning mami called "pest control" Does that mean no McDonald's for me??

7 comments:

  1. Oh nooo. You are very brave not to be frightened of a mouse! Hope you don't have to see it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! A v g reason to go to Macdonalds! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, como me has hecho reir de la manera que lo escribiste! I know you always write from Matias' perspective, but I really loved how you made him sound in this one. Hope you get rid of that mouse! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. too scary I tell you! A least Little M got a treat out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out! I took L to Maccy D's when I had an irresistable pregnancy craving for a Big Mac, and from that day on she has instantly recognised the yellow arches!!!! I swear they put something addictive in those fries... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo little M I love mcds fries! You have great taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked those fries, LM! But I bet that you would have sorted out the mouse if only you had seen him before mama! Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...