Friday, April 29, 2011

A Prince got Married!

Today was a big day here in the UK.

A Prince named William (he's going to be King one day) got married!

All week at nursery we have been talking about Princes and Princesses. Did you know they live in big castles and ride horses?! Wow!

We got up in the morning and mami and I decorated the living room with blue, red and white flags and I helped stick them on the door and windows.

I put on my crown I made at nursery. After all I am mami's Prince!


That's not really them, only pretend


Helping put up the Union Jack flags


I made my very own crown!

Now, by the way mami was talking about this "Royal Wedding" I thought we had been invited. I was waiting to put on my best shoes and asking papi for my jacket to go out. But it turns out we were just going to watch it on TV!

WHAT?! Come on mami, really? Arggggg, I should have known better.


I thought we were GOING to the wedding


Even papi watched! 

Anyway after being let down by the news that we were not going, I went about my usual morning. I coloured, had my milk and snack and played with the magnets on the refrigerator door.

Mami and papi were talking in the front room and I heard mami say "It's just beautiful, I didn't think I would feel so happy". All I saw was a lot of ladies in funny hats.

I came over and joined mami when the Prince and Princess were on the balcony waving at us.

So I waved back too!


Where is his crown?

And being the only real Brit in this house, I was happy to see that papi had prepared a special celebration afternoon tea...mmmmmm cake!


Yummy!

I heard there were street parties all over the UK but I passed on the local festivities and took a nap instead. Just as good if you ask me!

So how did you spend your day? Where you as happy as us?

It was a fun time wasn't it?!


4 comments:

  1. Hee hee. Squeaky waved at the tv too, when they were on the balcony. Awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Where was my invite??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic way to celebrate. We created a castle made out of easter egg boxes and the paper prince and princess. We loved watching it. It was amazing to watch, so sweet and happy. Glad you all had a good day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. You make a handsome prince.

    I love that Papi made an afternoon tea. I dragged my boys to a street party and we had a blast, while their Papi stayed home and made bah humbug, claiming he had a cold!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...