Monday, May 30, 2011

Me, the fly hunter

Lately I've been helping papi with the chores of the house.

You know the fun stuff like helping take out the recylcing bins or pairing his socks.

But now that the windows are open all day I noticed we get a lot of insects likes flies, ladybugs and even bees coming in.

And that's where papi and I take over because as soon as they starting buzzing around papi likes to swing at them with a swater.


I don't know about you but I think it is fun to watch them zoom by, especially bees but mami gets nervous and makes papi hit them.

So, when papi isn't at home and I see a mosca or fly buzzing around, I quickly grab the swater from the kitchen and get to work.

There is a special technique to it all. You can't just go crazy and starting swinging. I've seen papi, and I think I know just how to get those moscas.

That's me trying to get a mosca that flew into the kitchen

First I stand very quietly in the middle of the room and follow the buzzing noise. Once I see where it has landed, I slowly walk over to it and very carefully but very swiftly swat the mosca.

Sometimes they are faster than me and they fly away, but when papi and I hold the swater together, we ALWAYS get it! 

So much fun! I just wish this house had more flies, I would just chase them all day long!

I'm sure I will get one without papi's help and I won't stop until I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...