Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gusto español

That means "Spanish taste"

I've been spending a lot of time with my amigo Little G.

He's from a country called españa, or Spain so he speaks Spanish too. Even though it doesn't sound like the Spanish I speak with mami, we do understand each other (it's sort of like the difference between American English and British English).

Anyway, language aside, where most we most get along is in our taste of foods. We have baked twice and last week at his house his mami introduced me to a yummy, cold soup called gazpacho.

Mmmmm! Que rico!


Enjoying a little bit of gazpacho

Mami knew about this soup but since she isn't very creative when it comes to foods she opted for buying some at the store. Even so, it is sooo good! I heard her say she just might try to make it.

Yesterday papi shared some of his jamón serrano or curred ham with me and I couldn't stop eating it. I had to chew extra carefully, but I managed. Mami was happy to see that I like to try different foods.

Well mami, I am just happy to see something other than pasta and chicken on my plate! Hint hint.

Don't you remember what Chef Phil Vickery told you when you met him?

"Kids should be introduced to a variety of foods early on so that they are open to try it all later on...it's called flavour profiles, the brain remembers these tastes".

Now, if I could just convince mami to make some delicious churros con chocolate, that would make me so so so so so happy or even empanadas chilenas.

Are you adventurous in your cooking?

Do your kids like trying different kinds of foods?

Tell us about it!

3 comments:

  1. My little man's favourite meal is chicken tikka masala. he has loved it since he was about 3 or 4 years old.

    He is very adventurous in his eating and often likes to add chilli to his meals to spice them up, he eats his food a lot hotter than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry now. Churros con chocolate yummmmm... Not a big fan of gazpacho myself but it is nice on hot days. I have to say that I'm lucky with the girls, they would eat anything or at least try anything at this stage. But then again, we started their food education as early as when they started solids. Noelie often had salmon and spinach blended together, very much to the disgusted look of friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! these really are adventerous dishes. My parents made me taste it all and even though I didn't like it at the time I am happy they did it. And like Foodie Mummy says, its best to start them early. Can't believe Posh Totty's little man likes spice! Even I can't handle that!! Thanks for coming by :) Maria xx

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...