Monday, June 27, 2011

I've got chicken spots

It started late last week on the day mami stays home with me.

I woke up and I had red spots all over my belly and my head was really itching. I went to mami and said "Mami, pica/itches" pointing to my head. She sat up in bed, put her hands in my head and moved my hair around a bit.

She looked over at papi and said, "he's got chicken spots". At least that is what I heard.

CHICKEN spots? I thought.

I know I have spots, but what are CHICKEN SPOTS?!  I was really confused. I haven't been around any chickens, and the spots are just red and itchy.

They don't look like chickens. I have no idea what they are going on about, but mami said she would take me to the pharmacist for confirmation.

Sure enough, I heard it again. "Yes it looks like chicken spots" said the man in the white coat.

"Okay" sighed mami. And we quickly came back home.


Finally outside!

So it's Monday and I've been stuck inside for a few days now. Papi took me to the park while mami was busy at CyberMummy (more to come) but I wasn't allowed to go near other kids. This reminds me of the time I had hand, foot and mouth disease. No one was allowed near me!

I should have gone to nursery but mami said I could give my spots to someone else so I had to be indoors.

Hang on a minute, I would be happy to give my spots to someone else, that way it would stop ITCHING! But no matter how much I asked to "go outside" she wouldn't budge.

I really don't like being stuck inside all day especially since the the sun feels hot and I don't wear long trousers or jackets anymore.

I've had two baths today with baking soda and after mami's friend Fi suggested using Sudocrem on my chicken spots I have been covered in the white stuff. I mean mami really slathered it on.

It's really no fun and I hope these chicken spots go away soon!

And I am still trying to figure out just how a chicken gave me spots??!


5 comments:

  1. Oh little M! Chicken spots are just rubbish and no fun at all- especially in this heat.

    You'll be feeling better very soon little man- the itching should ease up soon and you'll be back to your old self.

    In the mean time keep those nails short and wear nice soft clothes.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Oh and by the way- it's so much better to get them now than when you are bigger! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mami's friend was spot on with the sudacrem advice. My boy hated having Calamine lotion applied but could tolerate the sudacrem and his spots have defintely improved in just a day. I shall pass this tip on.

    Hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Little M. At least, he doesn't sound in bad form. I remember getting it too but I was 12, the itching drove me mad! Only a few days left to go and it won't itch anymore. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear :( Hope you feel better soon Little M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! He is feeling better now but still can't go to nursery. Poor guy is desperate (and so am I!)

    Best advice was to use the sudocrem!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...