Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Who wants ice cream?!

Mami and I were faced with a very difficult task.

We were asked to try five different kinds of ice cream from a new luxury range called ChokaBlok that launched this month at Tesco.

I know, I know. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

Me testing all of the flavours

The flavours, all created by a special ice cream chef have funny names and lots of ingredients such as:

Gold Digger Dynamite - This has whole milk, creamy caramel and vanilla ice cream with chunks of honeycomb for a sweet, crunchy blast. Next they swirl in real chocolate mini caramel cups and silky, sweet caramel sauce.

I say, "Rico! Yummy!"

Billionaires Shortcake - Perfect if you want whole milk, caramel creamy ice cream loaded with chocolate covered shortcake biscuit for crunch, chunks of chewy caramel fudge for sweet stickiness and swirls of luxurious caramel sauce.

Papi says, "There is a lot of stuff packed in here"

Cherry Bomb Brownie - This is their chefs' ultimate recipe for cherry chewiness. They take creamy whole milk cherry ice cream, add loads of cherries for chewiness, pile in gooey brownies and flakes of real chocolate, and then top it off with a big swirl of sweet cherry sauce.

Mami says, "So, sooooo good!"

Cookie Dough Mon-Star - They take the perfect combination of choc chip cookie dough chunks and sticky caramel sauce. Then they drown it in whole milk creamy ice cream. Finally, they scoop in a batch of real chocolate mini stars.

Papi says, "I can't stop eating this!"

The Chocolate Extremist - This one is for serious chocoholics like me. They take a batch of creamy whole milk, chocolate ice cream and pack it with gooey brownie pieces and chocolate covered, mini malty balls and delicious, rich chocolate sauce.

I say, "Mami, I want more!"

And they come in 500ml plastic containers you can use again or recycle.



Okay, so it's not going to help you if you are on a diet because it is chok full (get it?) of goodies but mami says "it is absolutely worth a bowl every now and then" (more like NOW for her).

Besides she says, "if you are going to have ice cream, do yourself a favour and have the REAL deal".

By far her favourite is the Cherry Bomb Brownie. She doesn't usually like cherry or strawberry ice cream, but this one has real pieces of cherry and chunky pieces of brownie.

Papi just likes ice cream. But he especially liked ChokaBlok when he found out that the range is made with whole milk, double cream, real chocolate flakes, brownies, and shortcake to name a few.

He doesn't like anything "light" or "low fat" and says "Now THIS is what I call ice cream. Mmmm!"

As far as the price goes, they are currently on sale at Tesco, but cost more or less the same as the other ranges of luxury ice creams.

Mami says its good to see more variety in the ice cream section, but will personally stick with the Cherry Bomb Brownie or the Billionaires Shortcake.

And me? I like the Chocolate Extremist. But I'm not allowed to have it every day. Only sometimes and I get a little bit after I have eaten all of my dinner (if there is any left!)

I take my job very seriously

So if you are looking to try something new, mami, papi and I all give this two hands up - so go for it!

And if you have already tried it, what did you think?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, they look good. I think I would love cherry bomb brownie too...yummy!! I would love to get requests to try things like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie, they are gooood!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...