Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just a London boy

When we tell our friends and family who live in Chile or the United States that we do not have a car here in London, they just look at mami in absolute shock.

"How do you get around?!" they say.

Then they look at me and add "Especially with him?!"

Mami usually just shrugs and says, "We just do. I guess that's city living".

Yeah, city living.

Well I don't know about mami, but I'm like papi.  I love living in the city. Papi grew up in a place called Tokyo so he is a true city boy. Besides, there is always so much to do!

I love riding the bus and sitting in the back corner - it always smells funny back there, but I get a great view!

I like going on the tube just like mami does when she goes to work - and I event like to stand up and hold on to the bar.

I like taking the choo-choo train and looking the window for cows and sheep when we travel somewhere out of London.



I like going up the moving stairs at the tube stations (even though they scare me a little).

I like holding my train ticket and waving hello to the station managers.

I like walking to the small market on our high street and picking out fruit and vegetables and walking back with all of our shopping bags.

Truth is I really don't know any other way to live. Anywhere we go we have to walk, take a bus, train or the tube.

I heard mami telling papi that "the time has come to get a car. I don't know how much longer I can do this." I don't really know what she means by "this" and I didn't really hear papi's response, but based on the expression on her face I don't think he agreed.

Some how I don't think this discussion is over.

To be continued...

But what about you? What do you like or don't like about living in the city?

Oh and for kid friendly things to do in London check out my other city friends Babes About Town.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute photo, London represent! My babes love being city boys too, then again they don't know anything else. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about using a rent a car! No seriously I think that one of the great things about city living is the freedonm of not having a car. My boys adore coming to London adn using the tube and all that

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's London all the way!
    Jen - yes we are starting to look into car rentals. I need one!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...