Monday, September 26, 2011

Goodbye London. We love you forever

We are going from one capital city to another...Washington DC here we come!

After six years in the UK for mami and papi, they have decided to move to Washington, DC in the United States. I say 'they' because I didn't have any say in this. After all, I am a London boy! I don't know any other place and frankly, I love it here.

But...my abuelita and tata live there, my uncles, aunties and my grandma and grandpa. Oh and Duke (he's my tio's dog - I always get to see him on Skype).

Mami wants to be closer to her mami and says she is tired of being so lonely.

However, this move isn't without it's dramatic moments. Ohhhhh no.

There was a period of a few weeks when mami panicked and said  "What are we doing?! We have nothing there! Our home is here, our friends our here. We can't go!"
Do not remove (c) Mummy's Busy World

And so the flat hunting began and they dragged me all over West London looking for a new flat. Papi would say, "If we find the perfect one, that would help us decide to stay. Why did we want to leave again?!"

But nothing was good enough for them. Finally after seeing a dozen or so flats, mami just looked over at papi with a straight face and said "It's done. Let's just go as we planned". And that was that. The moving preparations continued as before.

Then mami turned on the water works. And she says I'm a cry baby?! Please!

She cried for most of that afternoon. Walked around sniffling and wiping her eyes. She scared me at first and I went to give her a hug and I held her tight.
She looked at me and said  "We are moving to Washington DC Little M. ¿Vamos?"
I said, "No mami" and she and papi laughed. But I was busy building a castle with my blocks, so it wasn't a good time to ask me anyway.

But now she is looking more happy! And also going crazy cleaning out the closets, throwing things away, going through my baby clothes and trying to decide "what goes and what stays". I'm just hoping I see all of my toys again.

There is a lot more to say about London, after all, mami and papi did lots of things before I came along, but maybe mami can give you the grown up version someday.

For now, I leave you with a little letter I have written to the city I call home.


Dear London, 

This has not been easy to write. Not sure where to begin. You are my home. I have not lived anywhere but here and I have a feeling there is no other place like you.

You were tough on mami at first. She had a hard time, but guess what? Now she doesn't want to go!

She says she will always be a Londoner (me and papi too). According to papi these were the best six years of his life.

Oh and mami says no matter what, she will always be a "mummy" and not a "mommy"and she may even continue to say "rubbish" and "trainers".

There are lots of things we will miss, even if you do get very crowded at times and the tube isn't running. But you are truly magical and we will come back to visit soon.

Now we are going somewhere new and starting all over again but we are going to take pieces of you with us. Mami says she is an "Honorary Brit". I say let her have the title, okay?

I know there will be more tears, but I hope she is brave. I will make sure to take lots of tissues for the airplane.

And as for me, I love London the most because this is where mami became my mami.

London we love you. Forever.

Little M, mami and papi

14 comments:

  1. OH Little M, I am sat in tears. I am so glad that I will get to give your mummy one last hug before she goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luck, i know how you feel. i am about to post about our move back home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move, i know how you feel we are about to do the same....

    Now little M, i take it you will still be blogging??

    PS... this may be my second comment as i thought i had already left one....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww big hugs! I know how you feel - I have been here seven years and despite the days where London feels too busy etc it has a very special place in my heart. I know we will have to move out in the next few years too as we want a bigger place and I know too will feel very sad then. I hope all the moving preparations ate going well for you and all little M's toys get packed safely :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. will miss you, though will keep in touch of course and keep reading the blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Little M, you made me cry. I'm going to miss seeing you and your mami. You'll have a lovely time being close to your family.
    See you Friday, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah hugs! Can't believe it's all official and I felt a little misty eyed reading it. Would be good to meet up one afternoon before you go if you have time. You'll be missed xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you'll be missed- always a pleasure seeing you Maria Jose around town- thank you for the help and constant enthusiasm. I do hope you'll continue the bilingual corner when you have time! Good luck with the move. Muchos besos XXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Little M! Your mami and papi will be fine, I know how they feel. There really IS no place like London, but there will be so many wonderful and exciting things about your new home. I love my new home (Manchester) as much if not more than London, so imagine how much they're going to love Washington D.C.!!! Besides, London won't be half as cool without you all... :) Lots and lots of love and luck, I hope to see you again one day, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you'll still be blogging across the pond though! Would hsve loved to meet up again. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sniff...we will miss you so very much! Please do come back and visit and LET ME KNOW when you do. I'd love to have you meet our new Bebe! Safe travels HOME! ;)

    Karin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've known about this trip for quite a few months now but your post made me cry Little M. I wish you a very happy and safe trip, I'm sure you'll love your new home and who knows, maybe one day you'll be able to meet my son, I call him Kung Fu Baby!.

    We'll be waiting for you and your mami and papi to arrive.. =)

    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone! I am scared as hell, but looking forward to a new chapter. Blog will continue, but I won't be able to see some of you around town. Unless of course, you find yourself in my neck of the woods :)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...