Monday, December 19, 2011

Live from New York... Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center

Having a birthday in December is "never easy" says mami.

Friends are out of town, it's too close to Navidad and someone always gets you a double present. You know, one for "both Christmas AND your birthday".

So with a bit of planning, mami and papi went away for three days to a place called New York City. It was to celebrate mami's birthday which is today and keep it separate from the rest of the festivities.

I stayed with my Omama here in Virginia and we made cookies, Christmas gifts and mami's present. I missed mami and papi every day, but they called and said they would be back soon.


They did lots of things, including going to the top of the Empire State Building, but all mami really wanted to do was go ice skating at Rockefeller Center just like Elf does in the movie...and she did!

She said she did some swirls and twirls, but I just don't think that's true. I think she may have fallen a few times.

Anyway, it's her day and I just want to say feliz cumpleaƱos mami! 

Do you have a birthday in December? What do you do to make it special and separate from Christmas?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...