Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Watching planes take off from Reagan National Airport

Okay look, mami makes it no secret that she is having a hard time in the suburbs.

Every day she has to think of things to do and places to take me. The thing is we like being outside even when it's cold and we really, REALLY miss our parks in London. I think we went to every single one!

Every week, mami, tata and I (that's my grandfather) go to Washington, DC and explore something new. This week she sort of forgot, but because the day was so nice we decided to head out to Reagan National Airport and watch the planes take off from the park across the way.

I had never seen a plane take off, I've only been on them. And it was right about my head! Tata and I waved bye bye to all of them but we had to shout loud for everyone to hear.



We had some lunch then drove over to East Potomac Park where Haines Point is and I played on the playground.

So if you are a parent in the DC area and you are tired of the same old indoor areas, going to the mall, or staying indoors you should do what we do - plan a day in the city!



Your day can go like this:

Drive to the airport and park for free and watch the planes take off

You can walk on the path along the Potomac River, go for a bike ride or play ball

Then drive across the 14th Street bridge and head over to Haines Point in East Potomac Park

There is free parking and a cool playground and rest area. Have a nice lunch there and enjoy being by the water and see the boats go by.

There are no food stalls or stores, so come prepared. But if you bring friends or family it makes it more fun.

Enjoy being out of the 'burbs as mami says!

So go on, get out there and enjoy Washington, DC (or whatever city you are near)  because there is so much to do!


*We would love your support! 
Please vote for mami's blog on 
Circle of Mom's Top 25 Fashion & Beauty blogs for 2012. 
No sign in, just one click!
GRACIAS!*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...