Thursday, February 16, 2012

New movie alert: The Secret World of Arrietty

This past weekend mami and papi left me with Oma and they spent the weekend in Georgetown. I should have known they were going to be gone a few days when I saw mami take a suitcase with her on Friday night. Sneaky mami!


Anyway, I found out later that mami and papi were invited to the advanced Washington, DC screening of the Disney movie The Secret World of Arrietty (AIR-ee-ett-ee) which is based on  Mary Norton's children's book series "The Borrowers." I wanted to go, but mami promised to take me another day.


The movie, which opens today the 17th of February in all the movie theaters across the United States is about really little people who live underneath the floor boards in their own secret world. Imagine that! I wonder if there are any in my house?


There are some very famous people doing the voices of the characters, including mami and papi's favorite actors Amy Poehler and Will Arnett!


Arrietty (voice of Bridgit Mendler), a tiny, but tenacious 14-year-old, lives with her parents (Arnett and Poehler) in the recesses of a suburban garden home, unbeknownst to the homeowner and her housekeeper (voice of Carol Burnett). 

Like all little people, Arrietty remains hidden from view, except during occasional covert ventures beyond the floorboards to “borrow” scrap supplies like sugar cubes from her human hosts. 

But when 12-year-old Shawn (voice of David Henrie), a human boy who comes to stay in the home, discovers his mysterious housemate one evening, a secret friendship blossoms. If discovered, their relationship could drive Arrietty’s family from the home and straight into danger. The English language version of “The Secret World of Arrietty” was executive produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall, and directed by Gary Rydstrom.

Sound good right? Well, it is!


Mami and papi really enjoyed it and said it was even better than they expected! What they most liked is knowing the actors doing the voices because that made it more fun to watch. Everyone can go see this film because it is rated G and only 95 minutes long. 

So if you are looking for a good family movie, this is for you. Make sure to check your local listings first. 

Enjoy!



*Tickets were provided for the screening of this film*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...