Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Have I got news for you!

Before going to bed tonight, I peeked at mami’s latest twitter posting and found out she feels more tired after spending a day with me than when she goes to work! (@patygalilea, @positivedivorce, @activekiddies and @activemarketing all agree so this post is for them as well!) And as if that wasn’t enough, she said work for her was a much needed break. Well, this may come as a surprise to you mummies but the feeling is mutual!

I speak for all Little One’s out there. We too need a break from being at home all day. I enjoy going to nursery to get away from the constant nagging, but I am also the first one to run to mami when she picks me up!

Below are some of mami’s complaints and my solutions to making her life easier:

She is constantly running after me! – She would be less tired if she just let me be. I just want to be free to chew on the corner of the table, pick up lint, open cupboards and taste everything I can get my hands on. Is that too much to ask?

She says feeding me is very messy – Oh loosen up! Truth is, I love food! As a matter of fact I am sort of a "toddler foodie". I don’t just eat food, I experience food; I enjoy squeezing the mashed potatoes through my hands, rubbing tuna fish on my checks, and gently massaging soft noodles through my hair. It's liberating. Try it!

She tells daddy that dressing me is a mini-wrestling match – oh it sure is! You should see her trying to catch me so that she can get me dressed. Eventually I settle down, but once she gives me that trusting smile and says “good boy” I quickly do the twist, kick and drop move I have mastered and in a flash I'm out of the room. It wouldn’t have to be this way if she’d just let me hang out in my jammies all day.

She says I poop too much – I do, so what? I always get the urge right before going out. You should see her face! At first she looks puzzled, and then she picks me up and sniffs my bottom. After realising its a poopie, she rolls her eyes back, lets out a loud sigh, drops her bag and keys to the floor and calls me into the room. Sorry! When you gotta go, you gotta go!

My crying wears her out – excuuuuuuse me! If only you understood what I was saying the first time around I wouldn’t have to resort to extreme measures. We both speak the same language (two as a matter of fact) and I understand almost everything she says, so why are we having communication problems? I can’t wait until she learns more words – it’s getting ridiculous now.

Well, I’m going to leave it there but I could go on. However, this in NO way means I love mami any less!

So mummies, next time you are tired, and “need a break” why not just give us a break and make life simpler. Help us, help you!

So, who’s tired now?

P.S. – That's me in my jammies (refer to 3rd point)

4 comments:

  1. Well Little M you are quite right. I will try harder in future to give my little ones a break! I have to go as my little one has poooooooped again after only been changed 5 mins ago. Bless her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I know these things oh so well!! There was 3 poops one after the other.. Only so much I can take , the amount of nappies we go through & that struggle to try to undress him , put the nappy on him & then dress him.. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH........ Where's that wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! you are a wise boy little m! ;)
    great blog - so much fun. :)
    adriel

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love this post!!!!!!!!!!!! Really made me laugh xxx

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...