Monday, April 26, 2010

Mami paints her face!

Not sure if other mamas out there do the same thing to their faces, but mine draws colours on her cheeks and eyes every morning before leaving for work. (I tried doing this at nursery with the crayons but my teacher made me draw on the paper instead).

After getting me dressed and having my morning milk, I usually run around until we are ready to head out the door, but not without mami shouting "little m, no! get out of there" when I play near daddy's night stand. Apparently opening the drawers are dangerous or something. I usually ignore her and run off only to try again later.

Mami then sits in front of a mirror drinking some sort of black juice that she says she "cannot live without" and smooths what looks like my sudocrem (only smaller) on her face. I thought it was just for my bottom, but I guess its for the face too! She then rubs another darker creme on her face before taking out her paint brushes and colouring set. Using different brushes, she dabs at the coloured blocks and begins to paint her face.

This morning, I took the time to stop and really look at what she was doing - and I could see mami making faces in the mirror when painting her eyes! She looked so funny - it made me laugh! She didn't move much at first, she was looking straight up in the air, and her mouth was wide open. After a few seconds she smiled back at me and put the black brush away.

After making more funny faces in the mirror, I stood next to her and asked her to paint my face, but she smiled and said "no, little m, face painting is for mamas, not little boys". Just then daddy picked me up and said, "no, that's not for you" and took me to get my jacket on. Come to think of it, I haven't seen daddy paint his face. Hmm?

Next time I am in the room I will investigate further and, if I can get up on the chair, will try out her coloured pencils and brushes!

Just in case you are wondering, the name of mami's paints are called: E.L.F. eyes lip face and her face sudocrem is: Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. She does not recommend the light brown stuff to "cover up" with because she is not happy with the one she uses.

Any mamas out there have something better to she could try?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes! That makes them laugh. I found my 7 year old trying on my make up. I have just discovered the new Garnier Roll On eye thing, the tinted one and it's just brilliant. I am not one for foundation etc but this is just magic. I have dark circles (thanks lack of sleep!) and it just makes them disappear and it doesn't even look like you have concealer on. Just Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...