Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sun, fun and blogs

Friday was a beautiful sunny day here in London and I spent my afternoon at the paddling pool and sandbox (there I am in the picture, cute huh?) But the events leading up to my big day included several bumps in the road.

My mami is not an easy woman.


The sun does funny things to people. Mami was really happy this morning, singing and telling me about all of the fun things we were going to do. After getting me dressed in shorts and a t-shirt and packing my bag, mami suddenly runs back into her room and begins digging through her closet.

After rummaging for a very long time, I wandered in to see what all the fuss was about. She was sitting on the floor going through bags of shoes and old dresses. Her face looked a bit worried, not the smiley face she had moments before and said to me "Ay Little M, mami has nothing to wear! Nothing fits and my toes are not ready for this weather!"

We just looked at each other for a few seconds, then I decided I needed to cheer her up and I opened my mouth and laid a sloppy kiss on her cheek. That did the trick! She quickly stood up and swooped me into her arms and spun me around laughing.

Not sure what she was so worried about, she found a comfy dress and summer sandals despite her toes. I don't know about her, but my toes are summer ready! :)

Just before heading out, I saw mami's blackberry blinking. She turned to get a bottle of water and I quickly grabbed it and ran into my room. And there it was, the tweet that made the start to our weekend even better:

"@verybusymama congrats on making it into the ParentDish UK Best Blogs Roundup"

Wow, wow, wow - I couldn't believe it! Such an honour! I clapped with delight and gave mami's phone back to her. She was very impressed at my willingness to hand it over. She looked down at her tweets and as she scrolled through her messages, I saw her smile get bigger and bigger. I couldn't have been happier.

We did make it out, and the mixture of the summer warmth and our recognition on ParentDish UK was enough to propel mami's legs to walk faster and make it to the park in record time!

P.S - She forgot all about her toes when we got there - all the mummies had theirs buried in the sand too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...