Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A week of spew and poo

Why do I always get blamed when we are all sick at the same time? Why can't it be that mami had a stomach bug and gave it to me? No one ever thinks of that - its always my fault! Every time mami and daddy feel sick they say "Oh, I think I've got what Little M has".

And last week was no different. On Thursday night I got sick all over myself and bed. After having my bedtime milk my tummy didn't feel so good and then I just couldn't keep it down any longer. The next day I heard mami saying she wasn't feeling too good and keep holding her tummy and scrunching up her face. On Sunday, daddy woke up saying his tummy hurt and mami had to come home from theatre rehearsals early because she felt she was going to "spew" on stage. I said it was nerves, but she failed to see my point.

On Sunday I felt tired, my tummy ached and admittedly was being very nasty towards mami. I just didn't want her near me - I just wanted daddy to hold and cuddle me. Mami looked sad as I shooed her away, but I just wanted my space, to be left alone and to whine and cry on my blanket on the floor.

By mid afternoon, the poo and spew began. Daddy was reading The Economist when he suddenly piped up and said "uh oh" and took off running to the bathroom. I still didn't want her to touch me so I tired to follow daddy, but he had closed the door.

After a few minutes, mami suddenly looked down at me, and just by the look on her face, one that screamed absolute fear and panic, she jumped up and ran out of the living room. I followed her into the hallway and I saw her banging on the bathroom door and saying (very loudly) in a panicked voice "please, I need to get in there, its an eeee-mmmerrrrgennncy" I couldn't quite hear daddy's response but mami kept saying "hurry please, PLEASE!"

Daddy soon appeared in the doorway and mami shoved him aside and locked herself in. Daddy came out and he looked just like he does when he comes back from a long run! I think he got it the worse, spew and poo. But hey, don't blame me! Any one of us could have given it to the other.

Mami re-emerged after a while and just shook her head and said "uuughhh" before sitting back down next to daddy and I.  Mami just stared straight ahead, I was snuggled up on daddy's lap with my blanket and dummy and no one said a word.

It was a long night - many more trips to the toilet by mami and daddy. To top it all off, my molars are coming through and I was in absolute pain - teething bites!

Tummy bug gone now. No more spew and poo - and I still say it wasn't my fault!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are all feeling better. Noelie got it too I think. She managed to get sick down my top (nowhere else!) yesterday. Hope I don't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor things! I hope you feel better soon!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...