Monday, June 28, 2010

Activity overload

I'm not sure what has come over mami, but she has been on activity overload! Last week she let me make a mess painting, then we made a sailboat for daddy's special day and on Friday we went to a dance party at the park.  Who knows what she has planned for this week!
It all started very early on Friday morning. Mami was dressed for the day when I woke up and instead of letting me play in my jammies like I usually do, she dressed me right away.  After having my milk and toast, we headed out the door into the bright sun and turned to the right at the High Street. I didn't know where we were going, but then suddenly I remembered that we were going to the NCT Cheeky Monkey’s Tea Party at our park!

Auntie Lis trying to win me over - I just want my dummy!

Anxious to have fun,  I pointed the way towards the gate. However, right before arriving we turned off and mami just sat on a bench.   

"LETS GO, COME ON, COME ON!" I rocked back and forth in the buggy so that mami would push me.

She smiled, rubbed suncream on my legs and said, "hang on Little M, we are waiting for Auntie Lis"

"Huh?" I thought. "Who is that? LETS GO!"

But then, I saw a familiar face.  It was Auntie Lis! Then it all came back to me. Earlier in the week I had invited Auntie Lis a fellow blogger to come and spend the day with us. She is mami's friend and they use to work together too. She is not a mami so being around so many babies was new for her. But I'm still her favourite little guy!

She was crazy!

We arrived at our usual spot at the park to find balloons on trees, a colourful parachute and lots of mamas and buggies everyone! I had never seen the park so full. We made our way to the parachute where a lady was dancing around acting crazy and singing very loudly. She looked familiar to me. Seeing her jump around I remembered that she was Amanda from Amanda Action Kids

We danced to Justin Beiber's "Baby, baby" (mami really likes this song, although she doesn't like people knowing she has "Bieber Fever") and a faster version of head, shoulders, knees and toes! Poor Auntie Lis, she didn’t know any of the words to the songs! So funny!

The dancing looked fun enough so I moved to the music and clapped my hands. All this was cutting into my nap time, but I saw how happy mami was so I put on a little show for her. I played under the parachute for while and let mami and Auntie Lis talk and drink their coffee. Mami just loves to drink that stuff; almost as much as I love to drink my milk.

 Mami and I before the dancing started

I tell you, its not easy having to entertain. The life of a performer is tough, so you can understand why a nap and milk was in order.

Thankfully mami got my message and we headed home. Walking under the shading of the trees on along the high street, I dozed off and woke up in my bed!

For lunch we had a yummy pizza at Zizi’s. I don’t think Auntie Lis realised that I ate pizza too and she was very impressed with my appetite. 

“I have lots of teeth” I said pointing to my mouth and showed her all the ones I have. 

She ooed and awwed – good thing she did, because they are extremely painful to get!

Our day ended by walking Auntie Lis to the train station then daddy coming home right before I headed off to bed. 

Little did I know that the next morning I would wake up to find myself with a new roommate. Mami says her name is abuelita or grandma. She does look very very familiar. Hmm? Let me figure out who this abuelita person is and get back to you this week. 

Mamas: what sort of fun activities will you be doing this summer?

4 comments:

  1. We have lots of fun activities planned for this summer. First we're moving, then my cousin is coming over for a week, then we're going to visit my mum and dad for 2 weeks and then my brother and his girlfriend (who I have never met) are coming over for a week. And then, it will be back to school time! Busy busy summer! But i love it when family visits, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abuelitaaaaaaaa!!!abuelita!!!!!!!!!??? Little M, how lucky! que emocionante. Me morí con la parte de "Bieber Fever" hahaha lol too funny! I hope you guys keep having summer fun time! Besitos de Tiny Khamil and mami y papi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you mamas, I am having a great time with Grandma! But she is slower than mami! haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...