Monday, June 14, 2010

Fat feet, tight shoes

Denial, denial, denial. That’s what my mami is in – complete denial that her feet are bigger, wider, and fatter and that she will never again fit into the shoes she wore before I was born.

Daddy and I think she should have realised this by now, after all I’m 17 months this week. Get a clue!

Every month, mami goes into her room, takes out her shoes and attempts to squeeze her feet into them hoping that they would have shrunk back to size 4 (UK not US).

“All those shoes, and they don’t fit. What a waste!”

“I just can’t bring myself to give them away,” she says. Then daddy pipes in “not to mention all that money!”

(I just think why does she need so many? I just have 3 pair, and thats enough for me!)

See mami has a lot of shoes in size 4. And I mean, A LOT! Years of buying shoes, and now they take up space in her closet because now she is a size 5.


It pains mami not to wear her shoes

Worst part of all, she even has some stored in my room! I was playing with the closet door this weekend and managed to finally get it open. I was so happy to finally have been able to do it on my own, that I started taking everything out!

I was dancing around my shirts, shorts, pj’s and my shoes, when I picked up a blue shoe with a high heel. It didn’t look like anything that I would ever wear so I walked to the kitchen where mami was preparing lunch and handed it to her.

She looked  at the shoe and I realised that she did not know where I had gotten it from. She followed me to the room and she dropped to her knees, completely ignoring the mess I had made (that was a first!) and said “That’s where I put them!” and dug through the rest of the shoes she had put away a year before.

Seeing that mami was having so much fun, I helped pull out the shoes and even got a taste of a few of them (not too good, I wouldn’t recommend them, especially her sandals, yuk!)

And again she tried them all on, and again got the same result: fat feet, tight shoes. Silly mami, doesn't she know that feet grow? Like mine!

I just hope she moves her stuff out of my room!

Mamas, did this happen to you too? Did you go up a shoe size?

4 comments:

  1. You have an award on Mama's Little Chick! Come and grab it! You deserve it! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should tell your mami to sell the shoes she doesn't fit in anymore. That way she can buy new, if slightly bigger, shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I read... feet grow after each pregnancy (something about ligaments streching all over to help with the birth)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad not to be alone on this, my feet grew too! During pregnancy went up nearly 2 sizes and now are a full size bigger - especially when it is hot. I had swollen feet during pregnancies and when it's hot it seems to trigger it again!
    It does make me sad seeing all the lovely shoes my fat feet won't fit into but I'd rather have my 2 lovely boys than still be a size 4.5 :o)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...