Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hot hot hot!

I've been very sticky and wet lately. I have never felt like this before. I feel warm all over just like when I was sick a few months ago - but I feel fine.

I hear mami and daddy say "hace calor/its hot" and that now it is "verano/summer time". There is a lot more light and sun than I remember and on some days its so hot that mami doesn't even dress me - and that never happens!


Mami says she want to eat my toes - I hope she doesn't!

I'm going to be 18 months soon, so I would have had a summer before, but giving it another thought, last summer we went to Chile when it was hot - and it was cold there in July! Daddy said it was winter there when it is summer in the UK. 

So this is my first real summer - and I'm loving every moment!
Mami sometimes looks a little flustered and her cheeks get red. She is constantly folding up magazines or paper and waving it in front of her face. I once saw her pour water on the back of her head - silly mami.
I don't know why she doesn't just take off her top and shorts like me. It sure helps keep me cool!

Whatever mami and daddy say - I sure do love verano/summer!

I don't have to wear socks!
I can see my toes through my shoes :)
I like being able to feel the sand and sun on my legs
My shirts don't cover my arms
No jacket to put on before going out - I don't like them at all!
I can drink as much juice and water as I want
I get a bath, every single night!
We go to the park 3 times a day
I get to eat with no shirt on
I get to splash aournd at the paddling pool
Ice cream! Mami gives me an ice lolly on our way home from the park - yummy!
Abuelita comes to visit - that is the best part of all!

Summer is great - I wish it could stay like this all the time!


4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! It's so so warm! I often use a water spray (you can buy them in pharmacies), they are great for keeping the littles ones (and yourself) cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Red Ted loves the no socks bit best. Any he has only NOW had his first proper icecream (am such a mean mummy). Went down a treat!!

    Maggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how once we have kids get to see the world in a whole different way..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foodie Mummy - thanks for the tips! very useful. Will make sure mami gets one soon. I think she needs it more than me!

    Maggy - I don't like shoes! And mami just gave me my first ice cream too - soo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...