Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gone Bananas!

Lunch time again!

Mami sat me in my high chair and fork in hand I started poking at the chicken and tomato bits on my plate. I had a few bites, mami cheering me on for being so good with the fork and she turned to get my juice cup.

To tell you the truth, I just wasn't in the mood to eat. Some days I'm just not hungry. Mami doesn't get it and there she was trying to get me to eat.

"No no no no no" I yelled out shooing her away and moving my head to the side. I closed my mouth really tight and shook my head "NO".

"Okay, fine. But drink your juice" and she took the plate away.
She looked at me again, I could tell she really wanted to feed me. I just stared back and pulled off my bib. I threw it on the floor and waited for her to get me out.

"You have to eat something. We are going out now" and then she gave me a banana.

"Well, well" I thought. "Now we're talking!" and I grabbed it from her.

She smiled and said "muy bien/ very good" and stepped out of the kitchen and went to the computer. AGAIN.

I just sat and ate quietly. She kept staring at the screen.

Then I took a piece of banana and mashed it up. Still not looking.

I smeared it all over the side counter. Over her head.

I then rubbed it in my hair. She didn't have a clue.

So I put another piece, then another and then rest of the banana pieces in my hair. NOTHING.

Daddy walked in and said "come here quick, and bring your camera"

Mami jumped up and looked at me in surprise "Little M, why did you do that?" and she and daddy burst into laughter.







Then she said "Oh no! Now I have to give him a bath. AGAIN"

I just looked at her and thought "Mami that's what you get. You should have paid more attention to me. Your playtime is later, not now!"


 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how incredibly cute!!

    I was stopping by via Mama's Little Nestwork and I just want to tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of your blog being written by your little one. How adorable.

    I just became your newest follower. My children are also being raised bi-lingual. Challenging at times, but rewarding later. (I'm Dutch, married to an American, living in Los Angeles).

    Looking forward to reading more soon.

    HRH Mommy
    http://mformommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. Definitely a daily occurence in my house! Anything goes. Noelie seems to particularly like to give herself a grape shampoo. I haven't noticed anything particularly different in her hair since she started this, so it mustn't be working as well as she expected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, I too am guilty of concentrating more on the laptop than the children sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why Blondie Boy doesn't feed himself yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe! Just think of the wonderful conditioning properties of banana though!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...