Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mami's lazy Sunday

Daddy got up today and said to mami:

"today, you can do whatever you want. If you want to sleep all day, then go ahead. It's your day".

Mami couldn't believe it. She had gotten up early with me like she always does, but as soon as daddy had walked into the living room and said that, she jumped up and yelled out,

"Oh, thank you! Thank you, mi amor. I love you so much. Thank you!"

She ran off to her room and closed the door. Unlike last week when she was sad, she had a big smile on her face and had moved off the sofa very fast, forgetting that she has to be careful with her ankle.

READ MORE


She really did need the sleep. Especially after the last few weeks of working late and feeling sad.

I didn't help much either. I have been waking more at night and calling out for mami to come to sleep with me. But I heard her tell daddy that I "snore very loudly" and that she wasn't able to really get a good nights rest.

So, while she happily slept, daddy had his coffee, I played with my blocks and then got dressed. We headed out to the park and I got to do whatever I wanted!

We were gone for a very long time. When we came back mami was up and reading a book. It didn't have any pictures in it and it had a lot of pages. I had never seen her read such a big book. She had her feet up on the sofa and was drinking coffee. She looked very happy and "relaxed".

I ran over and gave her a big kiss. Daddy walked over and asked what she had done today, and mami looked up at him with a big smile on her face and said,

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing".

She said it had been a perfect day.

Now mami wants to know when we can do this again. I looked over at daddy, but he just pretended not to hear her.


14 comments:

  1. Ah! How lovely! You really needed that, didn't you!

    I hope you feel better for it chuck. And yes, you're right - I was recently prescribed 'rest' by my consultant because of depression etc.
    Sometimes people get it totally wrong and think people who have these issues are lazy. It's kind of a stigma. People often say, "Engage in something, find something to do to distract yourself!", but it's deeper than that.

    Sometimes you just need to rest. Maybe you could pinch one more Sunday!? Maybes? You have a beautiful, beautiful smile and I hope we see more of it now!

    Much Love sweetie,

    Becca xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice day to yourself. Sounds fab and yes you are right, we all need one of those! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh. I envy your mom. I hope all moms would be able to do that once in a while. We need that very much to be recharged.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Mami had a lovely day, I'd like one of those!

    I've stopped by to let you know that I've passed an award onto you. You can collect it over at mine
    http://emsyjo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had such a week end too. The girls stayed at Mr Foodie's mum's for the week end and our days were spent doing just that. Nothing. It's good once in a while! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this when it happens. You just have to take the opportunites when they arise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh lovely! Sounds fab.

    Glad you're feeling a bit better

    Ree
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh lovely! Sounds fab.

    Glad you're feeling a bit better

    Ree
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious time!
    My OH got up and looked after the smalls on Saturday morning, only about the second time he's done that in 4 years. It all hinges on if the LM has a full nappy and if the dog has managed to keep it in.... Happily for me all was "clean" and I lazed in until 10am! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What utter bliss! What a wonderful daddy you have. So considerate. Mami is very lucky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect day - all mums need days like that!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...