Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The simple things

Today mami and I went to feed the ducks. It was special because we have never done that before.

But when I threw some bread in the water a bunch of birds flew all around us and it scared me a bit. Then the squirrels came too!

They love bread!


I backed away and watched them try to eat the pieces. It was so cool! I also saw a lot of dogs and I chased one to touch it but he ran away very fast. I love dogs! I bark at them, but they never answer back. I don't know why, I'm making the same noise as them.


The birds were getting too close

Mami had a great time too, even though I heard her tell daddy she was "completely sleep deprived". But that is her own fault. I know that she stayed up late to watch Mad Men. It's one of her favourite shows.

But even though she was tired, she was smiling and helped chase away the birds when they got too close. Good thing, because there were so many!

I was calling the ducks "quack quack"

Come to think of it, she must have been really tired because this morning she let me wear her shoes, when she usually takes them away. Then she let me have lunch on the sofa when I wouldn't sit in my high chair.

Then at the park she let me go up and down the stairs all by myself, and when I screamed and kicked because I did not want to go in the buggy she let me walk....all the way home!

Getting the last of the pieces

I was so happy to be with mami out and running around. I really don't like being in the flat all day, the best days are when we can play outside and she is not sad anymore. I can't wait to see what mami has planned for us this Friday. 

The only bad thing is, I have a feeling I may be back in my highchair.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I wonder why we didn't do this sooner?


7 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good simple day feeding the ducks. One of my fav thins to do and the boys still love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son fed the ducks and swans at Kew gardens a few weeks back. It was his first time and he was absolutely enthralled by his new found power over animals :-). They just kept coming back for more!

    Lovely post, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simple things are the best! Noelie just stands at the window and waves at the cows in the field next to us, for hours on end. Glad to hear you were up for a little walk in the park. Hang in there! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he is very cute indeed! Glad you had some fun and laughter xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely time. That's definitely going on the list of things to do with Arlo now his big bro has started school.
    Mad Men is just THE best show on TV. Slick, stylish, dark and witty. Only The West Wing comes close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really pleased you had a good day - sounds like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doing simple things with my children and the oldest at 6 years old still loves feeding the ducks.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...