Saturday, October 30, 2010

I builded a bear!

Yes, that's right. I builded my own bear.

On Friday, the day mami is home with me, we went to Covent Garden in Central London to a place called Build-A-Bear. How we never knew about this place before is beyond me!

And that is exactly what I did, made my very own bear! There was even a machine full of stuffing - that is the fluffy stuff that goes inside the bear which made him fat, then we added a heart and stitched him up.

I chose a yellow bear named Pudsey, but I re-named him Oso which is bear in Spanish.

Mami and I don't do very well in small spaces. I started to get hot and wanted mami to hold me. There were a lot of kids there, but in the end we managed just fine!

While we waited for the others, I made my way over to the computers and as a professional toddler blogger, I caught up on my writing. Besides, I had so much to tell!

Now Oso is at home with us and since he is not potty trained, mami had to put a nappy on him. I changed him once, but really, I can't be doing that stuff! Mami has had to take care of him when I go to bed. She says her job never ends. I don't really know what she is talking about.

But going back to the fun stuff,  if you too are thinking about building a bear, here are some things that are good to know:
  • It doesn't have to cost a lot! That was mami's first thought, but you can get a bear for £15 and accessorize at home!
  • If you get the Oso or Pudsey like I did, £5 of it will go to the charity Children in Need
  • It makes a very nice gift for someone special - they also have Christmas time bears out now
  • It is not just for kids, grown ups like a special bear too
Thanks to Build-A-Bear for inviting us!

Have you builded a bear too?


1 comment:

  1. marie went to a birthday party the other week and every single child got to build a bear and take it home. I thought that was a great idea for a birthday. I Especially like the birth certificate she got with it!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...