Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Visit to the tooth doctor

I've been to the tooth doctor, or the dentist as he is called many times with mami. She puts on a pair of big green glasses and sits back on a chair and the doctor shines a light on her face and then picks at her teeth. It really scares me and I cry every time they try to touch her teeth.

I never like watching, but I have no choice but to go with her. But mami says that taking care of our teeth is very important. We try to brush together, but I just like to play with the water!

Way back when I was around 14 months I had a little accident at Westfields and I fell and broke a tooth. Yes, I broke a piece of my front tooth and I only have a half of one! Mami had to take me to the dentist for a checkup. Luckily the pain went away and my mouth is okay.


I have half a front tooth

When we were at the dentist, he recommended I have a check up every 6 months, and today was the day!

After a morning out at Build-A-Bear in Covent Garden with other bloggers, we jumped on the tube and headed over for my appointment.

I sat in the big chair where mami usually sits and the doctor looked into my mouth and touched my teeth. I sat very, very still because I wanted to make sure I got a good checkup.

Waiting for my checkup!

And guess what? He said my teeth "were looking good" and I got a sticker!!

He gave mami and me a few tips to care for my teeth:
  • Even if I don't brush my teeth exactly like mami, I should keep trying - No problem! I love playing with the brush
  • Try to avoid sugary treats - not sure about this one!
  • Mix juice with water to reduce sugar - mami already does this!
It is very important to take care of your teeth. You can read more on what the NHS says about Kid's Dental Health - there are some great tips, so check them out.

Okay, I'm off to brush my teeth then to bed!


3 comments:

  1. Some great tips which I'm goign to pass onto Oli!! :)

    Little M looks adorable in the chair!! I'm going to have to take Oli to visit the dentist for the first time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Little M, sounds like you were very brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought I would take a toddler to the dentist, but I suppose it is good to get those little teeth check out!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...