Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mami ate Welsh lamb!

Never before seen on this table - lamb!

Mami makes me eat all of my food even when I don't like it. But then I heard her tell papi that she will not eat lamb. Hey! That's not fair! I thought.

"I just don't like it. I can't stand the smell or taste. I have tried it and I won't have it again". Papi said "let me make it for you and give it another try" But mami just shook her head no and that was the end of that.

Okay then, mami does not eat lamb.

So you can image mine and papi's surprise when mami announced that we were going to receive a package with Welsh lamb for us to try. Papi nearly fell out of his chair! "What?!" he said, "Are you serious?"

Mami just smiled and said "Sure, I'll give it a try. I guess it's about time I ate something other than chicken or beef".

And she was right. A few days later a package arrived with minced Welsh lamb and all the ingredients to make spicy lamb koftas.

See, Hybu Cig Cymru (that's Welsh for Meat Promotion Wales) has just launched Cool2Cook2 a child-friendly Welsh Lamb recipe book and they wanted us to try some of their fun and tasty recipes for the entire family!


I can't believe I missed this!

Even though mami and papi put me to bed before dinner I was allowed to join papi in the kitchen when he was preparing the meat. I even wore my apron! Daddy made yogurt and cucumber dip and cut up lettuce for the salad.

After I was in bed, I could hear mami and papi talking about how good the dinner was, and how impressed mami was with the taste of the lamb. Can you believe it, she actually said it was "yummy"!

Papi's dream come true. Thanks to those people in Wales, mami said she is willing to consider having another Welsh lamb dinner.

I just hope she eats everything on her plate!


3 comments:

  1. It is such an easy trap to fall in as parents. We never cook what we don't like. I'm lucky that there is not much I don't like but I have to admit that there are a lot of things I don't cook. Good on you for trying and liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog post. Well done Maria for trying it. As adults we have to show our kids we are willing to try new foods otherwise they never will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! We had to eat everything as children, but I suppose I am going to have to set a good example from here on out. It wasn't too bad, I told my husband I will try it again :)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...