Monday, November 15, 2010

Homesick

Mami has something called homesick.

Symptoms
  • Sad eyes
  • Sudden outbursts of crying
  • Staring off into a distance
  • Long telephone conversations with abuelita
  • Repetitive speech " I want to go home" "I wish we could go home" "Can't we go home?"
(Between you and me, I don't get that last one, isn't her home here with papi and me?)

I've heard this illness is very common and everyone has it at least once. I must have been vaccinated against it, because so far, I haven't had this homesickness mami talks about.

Why doesn't she just go to the GP like when I'm sick? Silly mami, I think she want to ride it out.

From what I can see, there are more serious cases and sometimes you just get a small virus. She says "this time of year is the worst for homesickness".

And I hope it's not contagious because I don't want to catch homesick too. Come to think of it, papi doesn't seem to have caught it, so I should be safe. Phewwwww!

Here's what I recommend
  • Take Calpol before bed and take every 4 hours as needed. Always works for me!
  • Lots of kisses and hugs from papi and I
  • A long nap. I always feel a little better after a good sleep
  • Have a bottle of warm milk or coffee, I know how much you like drinking that
  • Keep the special picture I made for you with glitter close by. I know how much you like sparkly stuff!


My sparkly picture for you!

Okay mami, I hope you take my advice. If you do, you will definitely feel better soon!

Te quiero







  

7 comments:

  1. I know so many American women who have special light boxes to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder.

    Personally, I always get a bit homesick around the holidays because it is normal to miss home.

    Y'all are more than welcome in Glasgow for a proper Thanksgiving if you like and Blondie Boy and Little M can make hand turkeys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I guess it is that time of the year. I hope it gets better, PS I love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she feels better again soon, I think it comes and goes.

    I've given you an award over at mine, maybe that will help cheer her up a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the holidays. And the cold weather. And being away too long. How about go to waitrose, get some tinned pumpkin, and make a big pumpkin pie??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone for your nice comments! It comes and goes in waves,and that pumpkin pie idea seems like a very good one right about now!

    Would love to go to Scotland too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this year I'm understanding how mami feels. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria, I guess the run up to Chrsitmas has left you homesick. I hope the calpol works. Otherwise perhaps a dose of being with others woh know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...