Wednesday, December 1, 2010

¡Somos una familia bilingue! We are a bilingual family!

It's been a while. Actually a very long while. But as most of you know, in our home we speak English and Spanish.

Sadly our monthly Bilingual Corner posts disappeared. Sorry!! But we are going to bring them back!

To help us out, our friend Rebecca at two become four made us this really pretty badge to show that we speak more than one language and how proud we are of that.



We're a Bilingual Family!

 
Mami and I are going to start up our monthy Bilingual Corner posts and invite you to submit your funny stories relating to being bilingual (or even multiligual!)

This months topic:
How do you celebrate Christmas in your language? (Does speaking another language mean different customs? Past Christmas experiences, etc)  Mami and I are going to tell you about our Chilean/German/American traditions during Christmas.

How it works:
Write about Christmas as a bilingual/multilingual family and your traditions.

Mention Little M's Bilingual Corner and link to our blog

Come back on Wednesday the 15th of December and add your link to the linky tools which will be up.

In the meantime, please take the badge and show everyone that you too are a bilingual family!

Keep warm!

¡chao!

7 comments:

  1. Wish I could speak more than 1 launguage. I seem to have a barrier to learning them. It would be great for the kids. Super badge Rebecca did too.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola sweet Little M, our family is bilingual too! We speak Italian and English as I'm Italian and my husband is English. But we like Spanish too...Do you think I could borrow you badge? Ciao. Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I missed the bilingual corners! And what a cute badge. Gracias x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no linky I can see and I'm late, but believe it or not, this was in the works before you ever asked and it's sort of pretty much on topic, so here you go: http://intrepidlybilingual.blogspot.com/2010/12/tis-season.html

    Glad the Bilingual Corner is back!

    Feliz navidad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could stick to 1 language for my poor kid! I feel he's lost half the time. And now at 2 1/2 years old, he's starting to tell the difference and sometimes gets annoyed when I speak to him in anything other than English. I am half Argentinian & half Lebanese so I speak both Spanish and Arabic (and French, as Lebanon was a former French colony!). At the moment I'm trying to pass Arabic on as it's much much harder to learn. My parents did the same with me, starting me with Arabic first - it's hard enough learning a whole new alphabet and writing from right to left! I feel if my son could open his mind to Arabic, it will be easier for him to unfold that linguistic part of his brain to accept other languages - whatever they may be! I admire you for being able to stick to Spanish as I find it very difficult. Surprisingly English is actually my first language, & therefore my other 3 languages don't come as naturally to me and it does take a lot of effort. So, you are now my guru!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry I missed this linky. We are also a bilingual family and a large part of my blog is dedicated to be taking the pee out of my husband's mistakes, all in good spirit. Thanks sol much for the badge and here is a link to my first ever post on the matter in hand. http://doingitallforaleyna.blogspot.com/2010/10/turkish-delights.html I am so glad I found you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really really sorry, I had every intention of doing this and time passed me by. Would anyone like to guest post for the bilingual corner?

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...