Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vamos a la playa!

This weekend I went to the world's BIGGEST sandbox!

I'm not kidding, it was HUGE! It didn't even compare to the one at my park.

The sand never ended and there was even blue water splashing up on the edges that went up to the sky. I had never seen anything like this.

Every step I took I sank into the sand a little bit more and it tickled my feet. I just stood there staring quietly. I was covered in Nivea sun cream, a big hat and a funny looking outfit called a "wetsuit"

Mami knelt down next to me and whispered "Little M, estamos en la playa y ahí está el mar" /"we are at the beach, and there is the sea"

Wowwwwwwwww I said to myself. So this is what mami and papi had been talking about all week.

"Vamos a la playa, oh, oooooh, ooooh... vamos a la playa, si!"

Mami had been singing that to me for a few days and I thought ok mami, I have no idea what you are talking about. And just played along.

But then, we arrived at this so called playa. And it was just... amazing. So much better than I ever could have imagined!

And then the fun began!


I ran to the water and it was freeeeeeezing! I started shaking I was so cold.


But I didn't care, I wanted to splash all day long. I screamed when the waves hit my legs!
I was so excited I kept saying "mami, agua, mami agua" I wanted mami to go into the water too.

And she did. We ran up and down the beach splashing and jumping in the olas or waves.


I took a little break and with my amigo Little G and we filled our buckets with sand and papi helped us dig a big hole that we filled with water.


Later papi and I went for a walk. We talked about a lot of things. 

He's very smart, he told me all about the cloud formations and we chased gaviotas/seagulls.


And everywhere I went I left a trail of my feet. I kept stepping and they just kept appearing, it was like magic!


And after all that chasing gaviotas and jumping in the olas, I needed a good old fashioned siesta

I curled up in mami's arms and just closed my eyes. 

Phewwwwww. A day at the playa is exhausting. But I cannot WAIT to go back!

 ¡Vamos a la playa por favor!
Let's go to the beach please!



3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time at the beach Little M, my Leo loves it too -I think you too would get on very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore the pictures, we live by the sea, so my boys have been going since they were tiny adn they love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Little M it looked like you really liked visiting the beach! Playing in the waves is lots of fun isn't it? I live right by the beach. In fact, I can see the sea from my house, so I go there a lot, even when it's not sunny. Thank you for teaching me lots of new Spanish words too. I hope you get to go back to the beach again very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...