Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Break both legs mami!

"Break a leg!" said papi to mami on the phone tonight.

I thought, "What?! Why papi? Why would you say that to mami? That would hurt!"

But he said, don't worry, it's another way of saying "good luck". Funny way of saying it, but I guess if he said it, then it should be okay.

See, mami is at it again. She has been making funny faces and using a loud voice in front of the mirror for a few months now.

Papi said she "was acting". Ohhhhh, yes. I remember. She did this "acting" thing last year too.

This year she is in a play called Sisterly Feelings at The Questors Theatre in Ealing and yesterday was the opening night. I think it went well because she came home very happy. Sadly I didn't get to see her because it was past my bedtime, but papi is going on Saturday.


Don't worry, mami isn't really getting married. Only pretending!

She and the other actors from the Theatre West Four group have been working very hard to put on a good show.

Papi explained that it was mami, but it wasn't really her. She is "pretending" to be someone else. Like when I pretend I am a doggy and eat off the floor but I'm really not a dog. Ahhhhh, I get it.

Anyway, I hope I can see her play pretend sometime and if you can, please go and see her for me. The show is on until this Saturday the 23rd of July.

And because I love her so much, I hope she breaks both legs!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could go and see your Mami! She is a very talented lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you! Sadly not many can make it, but the show must go on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we lived closer we'd come for sure! Good luck lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's fantastic! Can your mama tells us more about it? As I'm so far away and I won't be able to come and see her in it! Lo siento! Ciao. A.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can already see how awesome your Mami is on stage, just from the photo ;-) Would have loved to see her in the lights, maybe one day....on Broadway? xx

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...