Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'll have a babyccino please

"A skinny latte with an extra shot for me" says mami to coffee lady at Starbucks "and a babyccino for him please" pointing to me of course. Then we make our way to the end of the counter.

Yes, you read right. I get my very own Starbucks drink!

What's a babyccino you ask? It's frothy milk in an expresso sized cup for us kids and it's free*.


My babyccino!

And it's not just at Starbucks. You can ask for it at any sit down cafe or other coffee places like Costa or Nero.



While mami enjoys her coffee (which I'm not allowed to touch or taste because "it's very very hot") I enjoy the fluffy foam and warm milk and i add lots of chocolate powder to make it even yummier.

Getting every last drop

So next time you are out remember to order the kids a babyccino. We wouldn't haven't known about this if it wasn't for Nazima from Working London Mummy so tell everyone you know!

Enjoy!



Since writing this post we have moved to the US and so far no one seems to know what babyccino is! But once mami explains it, they are happy to make one for me. However, Starbucks will charge you $1 for it. Not so nice.

10 comments:

  1. My boys enjoy a Babyccino too, although we've been to a few spots where they've charged for this treat. Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? What, a quid or something, it's a drop of milk! A friend told me they dont' do it in the US, but if you ask they will do it but charge you. I'll stick to my local Strabucks and cafe...they know me and Little M ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves having a babyccino and copying his dad. When he was really little we used to get them in the mini paper takeaway cups so they were lighter for him to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that! Blondie Boy normally get's a Frappucino cup with water which he LOVES. We walk into Starbucks and he starts singing "water" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a few Starbucks and Costa branches charge for it. Our local Sainsburys cafe charges 50p each for them. I make them at home too, especially if we have other kids over to play. I use our espresso cups that are just the right size :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love babyccino too! I actually like it more than the standard Starbucks cappuccino...But they won't give it to me because I'm a grown-up...:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know they charged for it! That takes the fun out of it, hahaha.. and Antonella, good to hear from you. How's everything going?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My girls use to love 'babyccinos' but now they are 10 & 13, only hot chocolates with the works and frappuchinos will hit the spot!!! For me, soya latte every time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum's local cafe charge for babyccinos, which is really unfair, I think, so I'm boycotting them. The first time I encountered them in Starbucks, I was actually offered it for Squeaky, for free, so they get my business when I'm nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems ridiculous to charge for it when its the left over foam from any other latte. Every place I've been to is free, so I will stick to those for now :)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...