Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm a runner too!

You know that mami and papi like to run

Mami did the London Marathon in April and papi is training for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. 

Let's just say there are A LOT of sweaty clothes and smelly socks in our flat! Phewwwww!

But now I get to run too! Once a week we all get up early, I put on my super fast running trainers and mami, papi and I are out the door. 

For the first part of the run I am in my  running buggy. I am in charge of holding mami's water bottle and encourage her by saying "muy bien mami" as she runs next to me. She needs our support because she likes to complain that she is "tired" but we don't listen to her and papi never lets her walk. 

And of course, papi runs too, but he's pushing the buggy. 


We cross through my favourite park, then along the main road that takes us to the river, we go on a very windy road, up a few hills then we loop back through the park and then it's MY turn!

Yep! I get to run with mami and papi all the way home. I have been waiting for this day for so long!

We start near the gate and papi says "Ready, set go!" and we are off. Mami says not to start too fast because then you get tired too soon, but I don't listen.

Last week I fell on my face running down the hill and it hurt! So today I held papi's hand and we walked down. But as soon as we made it down, we started running again.

Running is lots of fun and I think I am pretty fast. This way we get to spend time together and get some exercise.

What sorts of fun things do you do to keep healthy?


P.S. Do you think I could run the marathon with papi?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Little M it looks like you are a great runner. You know how I can tell? Because you have a great big smile on your face. I love running. Sometimes it's hard work when I run a long way, but I always feel better for going out for a run. I hope you enjoy lots more runs with your mami and papi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He asks us now to go running when he sees that one of us is going. We are thinking of signing him up for some kids fun runs soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...