Sunday, October 16, 2011

They took EVERYTHING!

You already know that we are moving to Washington DC.

But after all the talk I started noticing that things began to change. I mean, all sorts of strange things were happening.

Everyday something else was taken away from me.

Let me explain:

1. I caught mami putting some of my toys into bin bags and saying they were "rubbish" or that they would be "given away". I REALLY didn't like that very much. As a matter of fact, I panicked. I mean, that's my stuff!

2. Last week, our upstairs neighbours came over and things from our rooms including our fan. I cried and tried to grab hold of it... "MY FAAAAAAAAN!" I yelled out. I didn't want them to take it. I was mine and papi's. I had helped him put it together. Mami explained we would get another one called "air conditioning".

3. The next day after my fan was taken from me, I was right in the middle of my favourite Peppa Pig episode when there was a knock at the door. Four men came in with big boxes and started putting ALL OF OUR STUFF IN THEM!

My table isn't there anymore

4. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING, including MY BED! I really got scared and called mami, and said, "Mami, bed gone. No sleeping" and I just cried again. As mami was holding me,  I looked around my room, and it was completely empty. I jumped up and ran around calling out for my  things. But they were nowhere to be found. I mean, I've got nothing! I have been sleeping on a little mattress on the floor and it's just not the same.

5. I also noticed they took the letters that were on the wall above my bed. I said to mami "ABC all gone" and she looked up and said "Si, Little M, we packed those away". Mami said the letters spelled my name, so I do hope to see those again. The empty white walls are scary at night and I always ask papi to leave the hall light on for me.

6. On Saturday ALL of our friends came over. I thought it was my birthday, but I know that is not until later. Everyone kept saying "we are going to miss you" and when they left they had tears in their eyes and they kept kissing me and hugging mami. I'm staring to wonder, just how far is Washington DC?

Now I am sitting in an empty flat with only a few small toys and books with me. I really miss my bed and everything is bare. It doesn't feel very nice and I really miss the feeling cosy.

Tonight when mami said it was dinner time, I ran straight to the corner where my table used to be, but then I stopped , looked around and realised there was nothing there.

I turned around and said "table all gone papi". And I slowly walked over to the sofa where mami said I could eat and together we watched In the Night Garden. She kissed my head and said "it will be okay mi amor, soon we will have a new home".

I have been feeling very sad these past few days but being close to mami always makes me feel at home. Even if there is nothing around us.

How would you feel if everyday something else of yours was taken away?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...