Sunday, January 29, 2012

FREE fun at Frying Pan Farm Park in Northern Virginia

Those are mami's and I favourite words, FREE and FUN.

This weekend papi was working because this next week he has a very important meeting for a new job. At least I think that's why he is working so much. Mami says it's very important we let him "do his work on the computer" and not bother him.

On Saturday we dropped him off at the local library and then mami and I took off. Again she had promised me animals. Last time she said that we ended up at a museum and the animals weren't real. So I was hoping they would at least move this time.

We drove just down the road from my Oma's house, made two turns and we were there at a place called Frying Pan Farm Park. It is part of the Fairfax County Park Authority here in Northern Virginia and it is free to visit. Don't let the silly name fool you, it's soooooooo cool!


I could see the dark red barns as we walked up the rocky street and suddenly I heard a loud "NEIGH".. it was a hug horse and it was going pee pee. And let me tell you, it was lots and lots of pee pee.

After that we entered the barn to see some piggies and one was even going poo! So funny! I guess everyone had to go potty at that moment. Next to them were two goats and a lamb.

Outside I saw a turkey, peacock, hens, and more BIG pigs playing in the mud. The farm is big enough to walk around and there were lots of other kids around. After I visited each of the animals a few times, we walked to the far end of the farm and played on their playground.

There we had a snack and I could tell mami wanted to go, but I wasn't ready to finish playing, I mean I was just getting started but it was kind of cold. I made mami chase me if she wanted me and in the end she got me good. I didn't leave without putting up a fight, so on the way to the car she let me say goodbye to one of the pigs.

And it was the perfect time! He was having his dinner and he really does eat like a piggy! YUCK! There was food everywhere.

See? Nice shot mami!


So if you live in the area and you want to have some good old fashioned fun, then come on down to the Frying Pan Farm Park in Chantilly.

Me and mami give it two hands up!






and  then, she {snapped}


Very Busy Mamá {life, beauty & style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello to my sister, Little L!

It's been a very long time. My days as a blogger are over (at least I think they are?) — I'm now mami's sort of photographer (I&...